1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

(september 2005) Jenkins - Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 12, 2005.

1. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

being positive and staying the course is being a true fan. abandoning ship at the first sign of adversity is not.

15/16ths of the season remain.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm not giving up, and neither is Purr (who's currently more vocally negative). Swallowing everything we can, isn't being a true fan anymore than squashing negativity about our country makes one a patriot. Things aren't dire, but fans have a right to be unhappy with that loss, and with their performance.

3. homer2k79

homer2k79 Fuckin' Chuck Norris

I understand both sides of this argument, it makes me sick to my fucking stomach that we played as bad as we did. But dude you have to be somewhat optimistic or this shit will tear you apart inside. I have not seen one post that claimed you or anyone else were not real fans for being pissed, but pessimism(sp) even if not meant to be, sounds like people are giving up after one game. :twocents: No one has the right to tell someone they are or arn't a real fan imho.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  4. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

Being a fan is being a fan. I dont know who the fuck you think you are, but you dont decide the definition of what a fan is. Being frustrated isnt abandoning ship, but thats a real cavalier way of being full of shit and spinning your opinion your way.

If youre happy were losing, good for you. Be happy with it. Some arent. A fan has the right to be frustrated any time he/she wants to be. I believe the frustrated ones are still here, still posting, and have been for years. Still sepnding money, still going to games....the pieces of shit are the ones who TRULY abandon ship and STOP being a fan. So spare me your holy ride on your high horse, defining what a real fan is, and telling us all how someone should feel.

5. homer2k79

:agreed:

6. Purrsecutioner

To tell me to be more optimistic for my heart's sake is one thing...to tell me to be more optimistic so that I can feel like a real fan is what comes out of someone who wanders around in life happy with losing.

I shouldnt get so angry...I shouldnt let each play hurt like its the final play of the Superbowl, but its my temperment. I get that upset, and that happy about it. Yet, Im able to seperate it from life....but during those three hours, Im in it. Im all about it. ANd let someone tell me Im not a real fan to my face. Just once. I know more about this game than 98% of the dickwads who tell me shit like that, so I dont need to hear it from them. Its so patronizing, so pathetic. I fucking cant STAND a good loser. Im a sore loser through and through. A happy loser makes me sick to the core.

7. Purrsecutioner

Well said. It makes me laugh, and strangely enough, Ive seen lots of those positive fans arenthe only real fans types around here.

8. homer2k79

I couldn't agree more. I hate fucking losing, I am a poor loser. But I am always opptimistic that I or whatever team I am following(Panthers, Bobcats, Whitesox) will kickass the next time they play. I would just walk around pissed if I was pessimistic about this shit.(Probably getting in fights)

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Hey Purr....if you take your fuckin meds and re-read what I wrote, you will see that I am in agreement with you.

Being pissed about the loss is fine--sitting idly by and accepting it is not.

I wasn't telling you (or anyone for that matter) what the definition of a fan is, so excuse you for the complete lack or respect attack on me you fucktard.

10. Purrsecutioner

After your post of telling me that you never told me or anyone else what the definition of a fan is, I felt compelled to requote you. Check it out for yourself.

YOU WROTE IT, "fucktard". Excuse the fuck out of me for your ignorance. BUt yeah, Ill go take my meds. I need some fucking Nyquil, because of all the hypocrisy, and now the fucking Falcons are looking like world beaters. Aw, FUCK. I jest need to go to sleep.