1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

(september 2005) Jenkins - Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 12, 2005.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    this D isn't the same without him, no.

This sucks.
    Gotta carry on, though. Can't harp about being so fucking deep and then fold with a grand total of one (1) injury.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

At least Ellison made it through waivers. I still think he can not only contribute, but that he's the only one capable of filling Jenkins' shoes.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Ellison and Moorehead both have to step up, big. There's no doubting that.

As disappointed as I have been with Ellison, it's downright painful that Moorehead can't stay active over a UDFA hustle-whitey.

4. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Anything is possible, but I doubt he tore it when he went back out. They had a heavy brace on him "to prevent further damage." Thats not a recent quote. That's my understanding of how those braces work.

Anyway, if he partly tore it the 1st time, and completely tore it the second, then he would have been at just as much risk for completely tearing it later the whole season. Simple sprains don't go into torn ACLs the way yall are talking, I don't think. Partial tears do, but partial tears take a really long time to heal too.

I am really bummed. I too, doubt Jenks will ever become a force for us again. Its possible, but I think its clear we have a problem. He's too big for his quickness. You just can't jerk a body that big all around like he does. He needs to play at about 300. Just speculation.

I wish him the best.

Bring on Ellison. If he can just hold his ground, we can use him.

5. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

after Jenkins got hurt the first time, I watched him on the bench. alone and head down like something was wrong.

after the second time, when the golf pick-up hauled him out, I knew it didnt look good

6. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

This is when Fields wouldve been huge. Damn, I wish we had a real leader out there on defense. Not Minter, because Minter is Foxy's bitch. But damn, this sucks.

Im hoping if there anything that CAN wake this team up, its this. Hoping theyll make something positive of it. Christ, no more crying, lets just go out there and whip up on the World Champs, and make a statement.

7. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Obviously, it is confirmed, but no need to jump out the window.

I spoke to Jenkins today at the stadium (during an interview session).

He said - and I am paraphrashing - that he knews something was wrong the FIRST time he went out. Said he felt and heard a pop, BUT when he got to the sidelines, he was able to move, shuffle, etc., and didn't feel it was that bad.

Halftime--fitted with a brace, taped, more movement, and he felt he could give it a go. He said it was HIS DECISION to go back out there, because thats who he is. If he felt he could play, he was gonna play. The 2nd time he left, he said the play that ended it, he was double teamed, and when he went to brace himself for the double-team, he felt his "bones shift" in his knee. They shifted because his ACL was done.

In the end, the PANTHERS are not to blame from running an injured player out there against his will. Jenkins felt he could go, the trainers took every step they could to minimize the risk. His knee was done in the first quarter.

Flipside--Jordan Carstens, Moorehead, Ellison (although still on PS at the moment), should fill in well, but of course not to Jenks ability. Its not the end, but the D-line took a big hit losing Jenks.

Anyone know if Omari Jordan signed anywhere? He is familiar with the system....

All is not lost gang.

Jenks was in surprisingly good spirits, and said his first concern was how his son would react to seeing "Daddy being hurt."

8. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

:trophy:

9. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Looks like it's time to start drafting D-line again. That fucker from Boston College would rock. I ain't throwing in the towel on the season, either. Just think it's starting to look like a weakness now.

10. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

So much to say, but I won't.