1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Sendek gone?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Wp28, Apr 1, 2006.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i know Mike......its THEM.

2. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

44, let me just say that of all the NCSU fans that have chimed in on this, you present valid and coherent points about this situation. Discussion like this is good, and I am glad we got hooked into this.

No, I am not happy that Herb is gone, because he leaves behind lots of unfinished business. I do think that if he had been given some additional support from the fans, he would have had a team in the Final 4 in the next few seasons. George Mason and the others proved that anything can happen with a healthy team, a few good bounces, a break here or there, and by playing hard.

His style is not much to look at, I agree. He did have some success with it, and it will serve him well down the road.

I hope that NCSU gets the guy they want, and then he does what they want. I do think it will be tough for the Pack to land the guy they covet, because it is widely known how Herb was treated. Future coaches know they are on thin ice once they say "yes" to a deal.

3. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

I agree, that's what this place should be about.

4. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I just heard something on MSP about Tommy Burleson's response being something like "Prayers can be answered". Damn.

5. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Yea Thats Sad. Tommy has made quite a splash this month.

Tubby Smith Has Inquired. Possibly Due to the same crap at Kentucky that Herb went thru at State. Its Barnes job if he wants it. Unless something changes Callapari at this time doesn't appear to be a serious candidate.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

No way. If Tubby is stupid enough to go to State, you guys will have really lucked out. I just can't see you guys getting a big name at this point. I'd be shocked if you weren't hiring some mid-major guy in the next few weeks.

7. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

From what I hear Barnes and Calipari are the top two choices. Barnes appears to be a strong lead, but don't know if he will leave Texas. Calipari wants to go to a larger school than Memphis, so he's a real possibility. Tubby is in there as well, but I doubt that happens b/c one of the above will accept before they get to him. Word around here is Barnes has been offered $1.8 million, but has countered with $2.0 million, which I'm sure will happen with the money they have now with the Dails, Murphys, Vaughns, etc.

If Collin is right and State has to go to a mid major coach I'd like to see them bring Sean Miller back. He's a hell of a nice guy and a good coach. I'd rather see one of the big three though and I would place money that they land a big time coach.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  8. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Who's the coach at UAB again ?? I remember hearing his name mentioned a while back...plays a "40 minutes of hell/Arkansas of old" style ?

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

He's the new head coach at Mizzou.

10. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

the rest of the ACC had herb's coaching style figured out