1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Saints

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Sep 26, 2003.

1. BudMan

BudMan Its about that time again

Haven't upgraded? They've downgraded and this guy still keeps them fighting. I think he's a hell of a coach and deserves better. If he gets canned, I'd like to see him get a HC position somewhere else next year.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Yep. I like Dave McGinness too, but his teams have always been short on talent, including the rest of the coaches. Arizona's a football pit and I hope he gets out and has success with somebody. Very good DC.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wannstedt fired.

3. wreakhavoc90

wreakhavoc90 Full Access Member

I'm not saying he's not a good coach, it just seems like he's had time, but they're giving him nothing to work with.

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Callahan reminds me very much of Barry Switzer. The only difference, really, is that Switzer got a ring. Yep, Big Al needs to keep looking.

McGinnis? I dunno. Sure, you could build a case for firing him, but I don't know if even Parcells could make this team successful. They really need to move to L.A., IMO.

Wannestedt? Probably, but it would take the right kind of coach to unseat him. You couldn't just replace him with anyone and expect to go to the next level. He's not that bad. Probably not SB caliber, but not that bad. He's probably coaching to his potential right now.

Jauron is definitely gone, and should have been last year -- as much because he doesn't want the job as that he isn't doing it well enough.

The Rams have shown a steady decline under Martz, and I still can't figure out why. On paper, that team should be as dominant as they were in '99, if not more so. Obviously I just don't know enough about the situation, and don't really care to, to be honest. I still think Martz is an exceptional OC, but definitely is not HC material.

5. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Actually, I think the Saints are going to be trouble for the Panthers this year. In fact, I predict they will sweep us...I don't like the idea, but when you look at the match-up a few things stick out.
    Brooks is the perfect combo QB, he can run and he can throw the ball a country mile. If he can buy himself time he'll post good numbers against us. Then you look at their WR's against our DB's...Brooks really won't need alot of time. ANd don't forget McAllister, he can post 100 against any D in the league.
    I would say across the board, the Saints offense is a better unit than the Bucs or Falcons (even w/ Vick)...make that potentially. New Orleans is somewhat inconsistent on offense and that tends to kill them late in games.
    Defensively, the Saints are solid, not spectacular. Limited name recognition, but they play well as a unit for the most part.

The Saints must make the playoffs for Haslett to keep his job...they wont, and he'll be gone.
    Juaron might not make it through the season.
    McGinnis has nothing to work with and yet manages to be competitive week in and week out, I'd give him another year. But the Cards brass won't get the talent needed to turn it around anyway.
    Wanny should never have been hired in Miami. He's a dolt with NO spine.
    Sherman could be on the hot seat in a couple more weeks.
    And don't forget Schottenhiemer, if the Chargers don't get things going soon he could be looking at a pink slip.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

...I forgot Mike Martz, the next offensive coordinator of someone in 2004?
    Callahan needs some youth to get back to respectability. The Raiders are old and beat up.

7. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

they've got a billion draft picks from the gruden trade. they'll re-stock pretty fast.

8. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

fuck martz, it's his play-calling that's deep 6ed the rams. Why would anyone hire him as OC? They run the ball 12 times in a 23-13 game, WTF is that shit?

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

he's got a good offensive mind, he just needs some help with the play calling. run the plays through a HC with a brain, and you got a plan

10. Piper

Piper phishin member

Agreed with just about all the names. Wanstadt has been given a lot of rope to hang himself. A simple playoff berth might not even be enough.

I remember reports of Brooks having arm trouble this summer. I wonder if that is related to their struggles. I have to say I haven't really followed them or watched them at all. Tommorrow game with the Colts is huge for them. Edge is hurt, at home, they need this game to keep from going into a real spiral.