1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I'm not sure where to begin with the above quoted mess so I think I will just leave it alone. I've seen where you've taken these baseball debates and have no intention of getting sucked in any further.

2. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

in other words, you got nothing. there's a shock.

Look, claiming the Red Sox are "built to win" a championship is pretty obvious. I have no idea why it even needs to be stated. But to deny that a team can at the same time try to give its younger players meaningful time on the field to help them improve (and help the team improve) shows how ill-informed you are. (another shock). Pedroia looks like he's coming around (why has Mike stopped posting his daily stat lines?) Perhaps he'll be a key player down the stretch and in the playoffs.

3. 49erpi

I'm not sure where to begin with the above quoted mess so I think I will just leave it alone. I've seen where you've taken these baseball debates and have no intention of getting sucked in any further.

4. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

well, I wouldn't expect you to admit you were wrong

5. 49erpi

Look asshole, I know this is what you do...sucker people into ridiculous arguments and then twist words and pick accurate statements apart to make them fit your argument.

I could rip you to sheds on anything baseball but I'm not going to take the time or give you the satisfation.

I will leave you with this tidbit, you call me ill-informed yet you keep hammering away that Loretta signed for 1.5 million. You're a little off so let me inform you...

Mark Loretta makes 2.5 million this year with incentives that should easily earn him 3.5 million.

Proper Name: Mark David Loretta
    Born: August 14, 1971
    Santa Monica, CA
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 185 lbs.
    Pronounced: N/A Bats: Right
    Throws: Right
    Pos: 2B
    Experience: 12 years
    2007 Salary: $2,500,000
    College: Northwestern

Just STFU, I can own you all day talking baseball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2719795

6. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Pedroia .254, he's heating up. This young speedster is now 56 games into a major league career without a stolen base, been caught once. The fielding percentage is on the rise since my last post. .977

Loretta. His old ass has played six games at short for the Astros. He has comitted an error. He is playing over Adam Everett's 29 year old self. He has even stolen a base this year at 35 years old. No CS.

Cora, three triples. Now that's speed. No errors this year. He needs to play, with Ped being the 2b-SS backup.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Your statement was contradicted by the GM's own words, dumbass.

8. 49erpi

Wow.

Are you fucking grid?

9. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Hey Mike!

we've missed your daily postings of Dustin Pedroia's stat lines. You've probably been busy the last few days and haven't been able to keep up with things so I'll bring you up to speed. Here's the last five games:

5/3: 1-3, 1 run, 1 RBI
    5/5: 2-2, double, RBI
    5/6: 3-4, two doubles, 1 run
    5/8: 2-4, HR, 1 run, 3 RBI
    5/9: 2-4, 2 runs

five-day total: 10-17, three doubles, homerun, 5 runs, 5 RBIs. Perfect in the field.

I doubt this is some kind of fluke or flash-in-the-pan performance. Pedroia has been a notoriously slow starter (I wouldn't expect you to know this. I am sorta stunned that Pi doesn't). It wouldn't surprise me if he finished the season a .300 hitter.

anyway, here's hoping you get well soon so can find the time to resume your Pedroia stat-posting duties. this thread is kinda lame without them.

edit: Pi-hole, feel free to "rip me to shreds" about Pedroia and his continued development on a team built to win a world series now. Really, rip away. (and yes, Loretta's salary is $2.5 mill, not $1.5. you got me there genius. still it's only $500K more than Cora's, the point being if the sox really wanted Loretta and really didn't feel comfortable with Pedroia taking his lumps and growing into a starting roll on a team "built to win now," they'd have ponied up that half-mil and let Pedrioa spend another year at AAA)

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

wow, are you really that retarded? feel free to take the word of Curt Schilling (does this guy have any credibility left?) over Theo Epstein.

you've been owned, used up and donated to Goodwill. Now, as your rotund boyfriend might say, "Sit down, shut up, pay attention, maybe you'll do a little better next time."