1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

I hear Bill Buckner is available

2. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Reports are that he felt lightheaded and had what was described as a very fast irregular heartbeat.

I'm not sure what was done the first time at Mass General (where he was admitted during the Yankee series) but i'm sure they did at least an EKG and an Echo and ruled out Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (which I believe was what killed Reggie Lewis). Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is basically a very large heart which eventually fails.

I wouldn't be suprised if he had a conduction pathway anomaly like Wolff Parkinson White syndrome. That would explain the fast heartbeat and faintness. He could be out for a few weeks if they decide to do something about it. I just hope they figure out what it is.

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Yes, a week and a half ago he spent the night in the hospital for the same thing. They called it stress related.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

His weight could be an issue, and it also tends to be more frequent among people of African descent. Amphetamines can also be a cause, which is why I'm a little surprised you didn't see this more often considering how prevalent greenies were.

5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I'm officially just plain fucking depressed.

6. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Give us a body bag Johnny!!! YEAHHHH!!

I'll still watch the rest of the season on the baseball package, being the lifelong Red Sox whore that I am.

7. CunningRunt

CunningRunt Full Access Member

:agreed:

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Lester's got cancer and Paplebon just hurt his fucking shoulder.

Yep - it just keeps getting better and fucking better.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Roxbury MA (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

10. CunningRunt

CunningRunt Full Access Member

This is funny.