1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp...tent_id=1548250&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

CHICAGO -- In what was their most gut-wrenching -- not to mention exhausting -- loss in recent memory, the Red Sox saw their two most reliable relievers blow save opportunities Sunday. It all added up to a 6-5, 19-inning defeat to the defending World Series champion White Sox on a day Boston came agonizingly close to pulling out a three-game sweep, but instead suffered a most disappointing end to an otherwise solid first half of the season.

--------

"It was an unbelievable game," Francona said. "It's a lot more fun to talk about when you win. It was a great game. So many things happened.

--------

"We had so many opportunities," Schilling said. "If we're going to play the length of time we did today, you want to get on the plane being a winner. We had our chances."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060710/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_al_rdp

"I'm glad it ended when it did," Iguchi said. "Now I'm ready to use the All-Star break to get healthy."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/07/10/long_story_bad_ending/

``Exhausted," said Loretta, who also was headed for Pittsburgh for the All-Star Game while Schilling heads home to rest his right elbow, which was left stiff and sore after Thome lined an RBI single off him in the sixth (X-rays were negative).

``It's a much different feeling if you win that game, even if you stay out there for 20 innings."

``We lost a tough ballgame," Francona said. ``We'll bounce back, but I'm glad we don't have to bounce back tomorrow."

2. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

What does any of that prove about anything? I guess losing a 19 inning game is disappointing. There's a news flash.

They went on the road and won a series against one of the best teams in baseball. Stop being such a dumbass...nobody knows what you are trying to argue in the first place.

BTW, did you actually attend UNC or are you just another wannabe walmart tarheel fan? Judging by your posts you barely got out of high school. Just wondering.

3. kickazzz2000

Class of 1999, since youre wondering.

I hate wal mart fans just as much as you do.

And I wasnt arguing a god damn thing until somebody jumped all over me for it, and then I just decided to be an ass about it. Simple as that.

I was just makin a general comment. The kind where youre sittin there and watch all that and pretty much say, "sucks to lose a game like that." Regardless of situation.

4. kickazzz2000

What's awesome is that Papelbon's era is still below 0.60 after givin up those two in the 9th.

5. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Which is why I bought his jersey last week.

6. kickazzz2000

Post grammar and demeanor rarely indicate educational status, btw.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  7. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Still waiting.

8. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Really? Is this based on the results you published after years of research at UNC or did you just make it up because it suited your position?

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

9. kickazzz2000

Nope, purely anecdotal...I know plenty of brilliant people who act like buffoons when they know they can. The key is knowing when.

10. CunningRunt

CunningRunt Full Access Member

Both of you defend your positions so well! But I'm going to have to agree with 49er on this one, for the simple fact that he didn't call me names nor did he use bad grammar while insulting me. And also because the duck comment made me laugh.