1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Whatever dude, I gotta go to work.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

No one had a majority, but Eric King led the team with 9. Hernandez's 8 were second best. As noted, Hernandez was injured that year and missed two months.

Geez, I can only imagine how much shit people would give me if I was caught outright lying. You're getting off easy, Applejack. If you anyone but me had caught you, you'd have been laughed off the board forever.

3. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

See quote above.

4. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Was Hernandez hurt in 1988?

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

cry me a fuckering river

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Craig Hansen was promoted from Double-A Portland on April 28 and was impressive in his first Pawtucket appearance, throwing 2 1/3 hitless innings against Durham. He threw in the mid-90s, according to the Providence Journal, and fanned two while walking two.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

:supergrin It's true, though, right? Wouldn't it be like ten thousand Christmases for you if you caught me in a lie?

Anyway, what do you think Hansen's role will eventually be in Boston? Papelbon has been too dominant to remove from the closer's role despite Wells' issues, but I don't see any of the other relievers making a transition to starter. DiNardo is woefully unprepared for the majors and Lester is pretty far off himself.

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

No. I couldn't care less.

I think the plan is for Papelbon to close the rest of the year and move into the rotation in '07, at which time Hansen will assume the closer's role. Papelbon has three great pitches and can/is expected to be dominant. Hansen is doing exceptionally well in his progression through the minors. Lester is struggling at Pawtucket, but it's really his first year at AAA and he was AA pitcher of the year last year. I'm sure the Sox are hoping he will join the big club next year.

9. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

complete game 6-1 win over the Cards moves Arroyo to 5-0. 'Course, I'd rather have Lenny DiNardo or a fat, out-of-shape injury prone david Wells in the rotation than one of my most reliable starters from a year ago.

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

good to see Mirabelli back. the guy could be the difference between a win or loss in two or three Wakefield decisions.

In the end, the sox ended up getting Mark Loretta for Josh Bard. nice.