1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

"In instructional league there were (2) people that the Tigers were looking at to replace Willie Hernandez."

Where in this sentence does it say Smoltz actually replaced Hernandez or are you too blinded by your own self satisfaction to read factually and create something that isn't there.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm pointing out the fact that Hernandez wasn't replaced until after the Tigers had traded Smoltz to Atlanta, therefore your latest story is yet another lie. Henneman and Gibson did go on to be parts of the Tigers' bullpen, with Henneman assuming much of Hernandez's closing duties in '88 and replacing Hernandez full-time in '90. John Smoltz was not a closer at any point in the Detroit organization, and you were never his set-up man. You flat out lied, you got caught, and you're not man enough to admit it.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

John Smoltz had two minor league seasons in the Detroit Tigers organization.
    1986 Lakeland FSL (Florida State League) 19 Det 7(wins) 8(losses) 3.56(era) 17(games) 14(games started) 2(complete games) 1(shutouts) 0(saves)
    1987 Glens Falls NYPL (New York-Penn League) 20 Det 4(wins) 10(losses) 5.68(era) 21(games) 21(games started) 0(complete games) 0(shutouts) 0(saves)

You lied, Applejack, plain and simple.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  4. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Collin, do you wear glasses? INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE!
    Mike Henneman was pulled up from Toledo to become the closer and Willie Hernandez was there as a safety valve.
    I see why Sly wanted to kick your butt. Willie Hernandez admitted himself that he was'nt the pitcher in 1987 that he was in 1984.
    Paul Gibson was a starter with Toledo and was used sparingly in relief.
    Dang dude, why are you so obsessed with arguing?

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

See above, AJ. You claimed that Smoltz was a closer during the season and that you were his set-up man. You lied. You're only talking about the instructional league now because you figure I don't have the statistics from that to prove what a liar you are, but you forgot that you said you were his set-up man during the season too.

Maybe you did play in the minor leagues and maybe you even played with Smoltz. No one can know unless you prove it, but lying about what Smoltz did makes your credibility shot. You can't just play that off as if you forgot. You don't forget that you weren't Smoltz's set-up man. That's why you quit posting on TBR for a couple of weeks because you were so ashamed at getting busted for your lies.

Call me an asshole or whatever, but I don't lie about the stuff I've done. You have to be pretty pathetic to lie and try to make yourself look better than you are, so I hope you get comfortable enough with yourself and whatever wasted life you've lived that you don't feel compelled to make up stories anymore.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Few pitchers are, since Hernandez was amazing in 1984. What you're not pointing out is that Hernandez was still quite good until his last season in 1989.

Willie Hernandez -
    1984: 9 wins, 32 saves, 1.92 ERA, 140.3 innings
    1985: 8 wins, 31 saves, 2.70 ERA, 106.7 winnings
    1986: 8 wins, 24 saves, 3.55 ERA, 88.7 innings
    1987: 3 wins, 8 saves, 3.67 ERA, 49 innings (injured)
    1988: 6 wins, 10 saves, 3.06 ERA, 67.7 innings
    1989: 2 wins, 15 saves, 5.74 ERA, 31.3 innings

7. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Being Credible to you is like worrying about how the toilet paper looks when I'm done.
    I only post on here when I'm at work dude, It's not like I get on here whenever and argue with anyone who pays attention.
    I post when I have time and I very seriously hope that you don't think you scare me.

8. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

He had 8 saves in 1987. Who had the majority of saves in 1987 for the Detroit Tigers?

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

You lied, dude. I understand why you're embarrassed and defensive about it, but you were caught lying about your supposed experience in professional baseball. You know that means everything else you claim is suspect.

10. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Sorry retract the previous statement and insert 1988 instead of 1987.