1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

apparently, Papelbon won the bet and this was his reward.

In the meantime, Bronson Arroyo throws eight innings of one-hit ball to improve to 4-0. Wily Mo did hit his second homerun but he won't be anything more than a platoon player who whiffs way too much and sucks ass on defense. Nice move Theo.

2. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

ugh.

April is almost over and in thing that's becoming evident, at least for now: the sox aren't as good as their early start might have indicated. their sweep of the O's aside, they've been whipped by the good teams on the schedule: 2-4 vs. Toronto and 1-2 vs. Indians. With the top of the rotation throwing, they gave up 28 runs to the Tribe in three games.

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Don't worry about Bronson. Everyone was saying the same things lsat year when Lowe started the season 3-0 for the Dodgers then the real Derrek Lowe showed up and he started cheating on his wife and pitching batting practice every 5th day.

4. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

What a shock...The Yankees are ahead of the Red Sox in the standings. I'm not even a Yankees fan but it just drives me up the wall that any Red Sox fan can say they are truly rivals with the Yankees. They got the best of the Yankees one year in the past 90 and all of a sudden they are better. Yankees own the Red Sox and they have over 25 titles and have won the division every year since the mid 90's. I find it laughable that any team is on the level of the Yankees year in and year out, especially over the last 10 years like the Yankees. It was cute when they won the title in 2004 and everyone was cheering for them, but now it's just getting annoying as hell. Posting this because I have a roomate from Cape Cod who thinks the Red Sox own the Yankees when they've had more success in the past five years than they have had in a while and still only have an even record since 2002 against the Yankees. It's been driving me crazy

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

It's a little hard not to think this trade was a huge mistake when it appears Wells could be done and the platoon player they got for Arroyo, Wily Mo Pena, is sucking as bad as he is. Arroyo is a middle-to-low end of the rotation guy who led the team in quality starts a year ago. He'd have done well in that role in Boston. Lowe is the same type of pitcher, third or fourth guy, who was expected to be an ace in LA.

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

they're rivals, probably the biggest in baseball. The Cards have a few more titles than the Cubs, yets they're huge rivals. same with the Dodgers and Giants. Is more geography than winning percentage.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Agreed, but ask your roommate if he even knows the last year Boston won their division (and as a bonus question, who was their manager).

I'm no Lowe fan and I thought Boston made the right move in letting him go, but he had a much better ERA (3.61) than any starter on the Red Sox last year, and he's having an even better season this year.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

1995. kevin Kennedy. I don't think the sox have won more than four or five division titles

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I agree with you. Lowe's a really good pitcher, but he wanted a little too much money from the Sox, so they let him walk. I can't get upset with him - he did every single thing that the Red Sox asked of him.

I think that his record last year was a result of crappy ass run support more than anything else, wasn't it?

10. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

What was his ERA last year?