1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's not that difficult to make the transition when you have an entire off-season to prepare for it, but to switch from one to another mid-season (what they'd be asking Papelbon to do) is extremely difficult. Especially when you're going from one inning reliever to starter, something Smoltz didn't do in the same season.

2. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Collin you are wrong and I'm not going to contest you with this.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Wrong about what, that Smoltz didn't move from closer to starter in the same season or that it isn't that difficult to make the move if you have an entire off-season to prepare for it? In either case, Smoltz's situation doesn't apply to Papelbon's because he didn't do it in the same season, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong and not explain why simply because you're pissed that I corrected your unquestionable baseball knowledge as The Grand Major Leaguer! Whatever, dude.

4. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

I don't get pissed over ignorance.

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

what an asshole

6. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Smoltz also had a wee bit more experience than Papelbon when he made his switches.

Beckett was tough with runners on, and got stronger as the game went on. I like the fistpumps after Ks.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Ignorance of what? You still haven't explained what I'm wrong about when I corrected you about the difference between Smoltz's transition and Papelbon's expected one.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Just a guess here, but maybe one of you actually fucking knows what it's like to actually BE a major league pitcher.

And Wake has moved from starter to relief - all kinds of relief mid season - and done well.

Now that we have that settled, stop fucking up my Sox thread.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

#1) You mean to tell me that all those retarded ex-players on television and radio actually know more than every person who never played professional baseball?

#2) It's not as if I don't have phone numbers of people who have played in the majors or scouts and coaches who are still working. I haven't asked them about this question specifically, but it's not as if I haven't had dialogue with people who should know just as much as Applejack about these issues.

#3) I'm right, right? Smoltz didn't make the transition from closer to starter in the same season, which is what we're theorizing that Papelbon may be forced to do. And as for Wakefield, guys move from long relief into a starting role every season. That's a different animal.

10. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Anybody headin up to Baltimore to catch the Sox this weekend?

I was going anyway, and just looked at the schedule. :ylsuper: