1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Hyme Lipshitz

Hyme Lipshitz aka Billy Badass

2. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

hee-seop choi

:umno:

3. 40Whiners

40Whiners Full Access Member

i love the sox, but that punch tavarez landed on gathright was bush....

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Bronson Arroyo looked good today. The bats really need to wake up.

Anybody think Foulke is holding some velocity for the regular season, or will he still be topping out at 86 mph?

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

arroyo did look good. seven innings of three-hit shutout ball.

Foulke needs to add three or four MPH onto his fastball, otherwise that changeup is shit. I hope not, but Papelbon may be closing by the end of May

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Papelbon probably won't be closing at any point. With Arroyo gone, he's next in line for the rotation should anyone go down. Hansen is a possibility to take over for Foulke, but I'd expect Riske or even Seanez to fill that role if a change is made. Both veterans have extensive experience out of the bullpen and have been very effective. Either would make for a competent closer.

7. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Papelbon is as likely a candidate as any to close if Foulke fails. they've talked about him, before and after the Arroyo trade.

seanez has been disappointing and hansen will start out in double A. I doubt he comes up before the all star break, regardless of the circumstances.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

They've talked about having Hansen pitch as a starter so that he learns the craft a little more. At least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

If Foulke can't go - or stinks - Timlin will close again.

9. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

papelbon was lights out closing last night's game. It appears one bad outing (game one) was all it took for Foulke to lose Francona's confidence. Beckett looked great and it was nice seeing Nixon get the game winning dinger.

Bonus: Spankers lose.

10. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

He did look great, but there was one thing that worried me. Every fast ball but the last one was at 95, with the last one at 93. It's not like his FB has some wiked movement or anything either. So, what I worry about is that the second or third time that guys get to see him that they get their timing down and knock him around. He does pound the shit out of the strike zone though.

Timlin couldn't find the strike zone last night - it looked like he was falling off to the first base side and that was causing his pitches to go wide.

I don't think that Foulke has lost Francona's confidence, I'm wondering if he just didn't feel right yet. It doesn't matter to me - Foulke gets a free pass forever from me. Hell, I think the Sox should keep him and Schilling on the payroll forever.