1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. JrMonarchs AAA

JrMonarchs AAA Full Access Member

I just hope he's had enough rest. I think the last time he had 3 off the Yankees rocked him for 5. But he was coming in after Shelling got hammered.

Just sayin.

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Red Sox are the Yankees' bitch. When's the last time they won a division title? Even Red Sox fans know this. The Yankees are starting to be like the Braves when it comes to never counting them out and how they will always be there. People keep forgetting that the Red Sox played like crap to blow a pretty comfortable lead in the division and now that they won a couple games against the Blue Jays they are battling back and playing with heart :umno: The Red Sox are this year's choke job, not the White Sox.

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Obviously I'd like to see the sox sweep. But if they do win two of three, the one they lose will probably be the wake-johnson matchup saturday: wakefield on short rest and Johnson pitching as well as he has been. I'd think wang is most likely to choke Friday and mussina is still hurting.

interesting thing: if the sox do win two of three and the indians win two of three, the sox would play off for the division title at Yankee stadium Monday. The loser of that game would the play off against the Indians for the wild card on Tuesday. what an advantage, pitching wise, for the White sox and angels.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Oh yeah. Well, when is the last time a team blew a 3-0 lead in a best of 7 series? Oh wait - the ony time that has ever happened was last year with the Spanks.

So, fuck off.

5. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

That was one year. Sure the Yankees blew it that one year, but they've absolutely owned the Red Sox, and you know it to. Everyone knows, no matter how bad you hate them, that the Yankees are the absolute best baseball team of all time, and have won 4 world Series in the past 10 years. The fact that the Yankees are leading the division is amazing based on the fact the Red Sox had a 5 or 6 game lead in mid to late August. Aaron Small and Shaun Chacon, and a re-emerging Randy Johnson have saved the Yankees' season. Mussina is pitching like crap, and I can't believe Kevin Brown is still with the Yankees. I don't think he's played a full season since 98 with the Padres or 97 with the Marlins

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

owned

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i hope that one of the local am affiliates is carrying the sox/yankees game tonight. i gotta film a football game and i cant stand the suspense of having to wait til i get home.

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I can't believe Kevin Brown is with anyone.

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Huge.

Didn't see the base running gaffes early, so the only thing that I noticed the Sox did wrong was when Tek didn't take 2nd when on the pitch that got away from Posada and Trot was safe at 3rd. If he's on 2nd, Mueller's ball is a double.

10. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

1 down, 2 to go. keep it up