1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Casey will get some DH time as will Manny. I don't see them making a move in any direction.

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

"We"??

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

seriously? under any curcumstance? If ortiz is lost for the year and the sox are down five or more games in the latter part of July, I'm pretty sure they'll make a move. (I'm assuming "not making a move" doesn't include call-ups). casey's isn't one-fifth the run producer Ortiz is and when Manny DHs, you get Coco Crisp, which isn't a whole fuckova lot better. Plus, you're gambling that JD Drew (for longer than a weeklong stretch) will be at least half the hitter you expected him to be when the sox signed him. that ain't a good bet.

Of course, getting some quality starts out of Josh Beckett would render some of the discussion moot. the staff ace shouldn't have a 4.30 ERA. getting (a healthy) matsuzaka back obviously will help.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Bucholz called up, Masterson sent down to adjust to coming out of the bullpen. Thank God.

5. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

I hope the Redsox and Yankee fans in the Charlotte area enjoyed the Braves Saturday. LOL

6. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Sox 4.5 back of the Rays. Not time to panic but the Rays don't look like they are going away.

:apeani:

7. goodoleburkeco

goodoleburkeco Player Hater

Bucholz is killing the Sox, it's an "L" everytime he hits the mound it seems.

Now Wakefield is going on the DL, they'll need to play better on the road to win the wild card because Tampa Bay just seems to be finding ways to win lately.

8. 49erpi

He hasn't won a game since the first week of May. He can't throw his curve ball for a strike so he is relying on a 92 mph fastball when he is behind in the count. If he doesn't develop a great changeup, he can't pitch in the majors.

9. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Sox are getting some injury help. Both Carl Crawford and Evan Longoria of Tampa Bay are on the DL. Longoria has a broken bone in his wrist...ouch

10. 49erpi

Paul Byrd was a good pick up today in a trade from Cleveland. He has been real good since the all star break.

Sheffield is going to waivers. I bet Tampa may want to claim him but the Bosox get a chance before them so they may try to block that.