1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I know it's early, but...

Ellsbury, .308; Pedroia, .364; Ramirez, .342; Youkilis, .354; Drew, .302; Lugo, .324. Three of the top five hitters in the AL; four of the top 11 in OBP; three of the top 12 in slugging; three of the top eight in OPS. Throw in Casey at .340 and Lowrie at .375 in limited play and you get a team batting average of .303.

that kind of hitting helps you deal with a staff ERA approaching 5.00.

2. Big Stick

Big Stick Full Access Member

manny's catch

anybody see manny's over the shoulder catch on kevin millar's line drive? He looked like wasn't gonna get to it but strecthed out and caught it on the track and kept going to the wall and one hopped off the wall and leapt up and high fived a redsox fan and came down, and saw runner heading back to first, then threw to pedroria who, gunned down runner at first for the DP. Unbeleivable! Only Manny could do something like this.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  3. Trumoose

Trumoose Junior Member

4. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

That reminds me, where is sockittome or whatever that spanks fan is who used to come in here and talk shit?

I haven't been able to see almost any games so far, so I'm not really sure how the team has been playing. Good to see that Papi has started to hit though. I did love Manny's catch & high 5 though. The young pitching has been pretty piss poo so far. That's gotta change.

How about Wake? :woohoo:

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

wake and beckett have been very inconsistent. beckett got shelled last outing but the bats bailed him out and Wakefield is in his normal "every other start is either good or shitty mode". masterson and colon go next. dice-k has been outstanding, when he's not walking batters anyway. lester had a sub-4.00 era even before last night's gem. (I still find it funny that in this day and age, an ERA under four is some sort of standard for good pitching).

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Well. Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Fuck.

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

yeah, fuck is right.

Barry Bonds, welcome to Beantown.

9. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

We can make it a month without Ortiz. We made it the first month without him and lets face it, the defense just gets stronger with him out because it puts Manny in the DH role.

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

maybe, if it's for only a month. Bandon Moss is hitting the piss out of the ball at Pawtucket. Chris Carter too. Both can play left. what the hell. give them a shot. If they perform, you don't worry about a trade if Ortiz is out for a longer period of time. If they don't, then maybe look to pick someone up.

I was kidding about Bonds.