1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

It didn't. The Twins intentionally chose an inferior offer just to get him out of the American League.
    If they could get Santana by offering anyone the Twins wanted that didn't include Ellsbury or Buchholz, yes, they absolutely should have done so. Obviously Minnesota didn't want to deal him to an A.L. team regardless, but Santana was more than worth any other price. Ellsbury and Buchholz are elite prospects with a high chance of being stars. That isn't true for anyone else in Boston's farm system, including Lester.
    I have no idea what you're trying to imply here, but it's funny how you're pretending that you were right when you said that Santana would likely reach free agency and that Boston shouldn't offer guys like Ellsbury. Theo disagreed with you, chief. Ellsbury was offered.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Link?

lol

I'm not implying anything. I am saying your prediction reate is less than stellar when it comes to baseball.

Where did I say that he would likely reach free agency?

I certainly knew that the Sox were offering Ellsbury - which is of course why I was consistently saying I didn't want him in the package.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

How about the internet? Are you seriously trying to pretend that you weren't aware of that? What site on the internet isn't saying that the Mets' offer was inferior? Which one isn't speculating that the Twins chose that just to get Santana out of the A.L.? They're all saying it, because it's obvious.
    Very compelling argument there. I suppose if you had anything remotely resembling the knowledge necessary to disagree with me about prospects evaluation, you'd try. Since you don't, you respond with "lol." I think you really convinced everyone.
    On what basis? This statement would be a lot more compelling if you could point out things that I've been wrong about. There have been some, certainly, but nothing in comparison to your own ineptitude.
    "He's going to be a free agent next year, so you're really talking about just getting this year in addition to whatever FA contract he signs. I guess it's more accurate to say that seems to be an awful lot to give up to get him for an extra year, plus the exclusive right to get him to sign an extention. There is no doubt at all that the Sox would be in on any negotiations this time next year if he's an FA."

"What I mean is that if the Sox sign him next year when he's an FA, what will they have given up all those prospects for? This year. That's it."

"Egg Zachary. So, you'd be giving up all of those prospects for what? This year. "

You repeatedly suggested that the Red Sox could just wait until Santana became a free agent even though grid and I both told you that he'd never get to that point.
    And yet you pretended that Theo agreed with you when he clearly didn't, because he was offering Ellsbury. Do you get the disconnect here? Do you grasp why it was so absurd for you to claim that Theo and you saw things the same way? Maybe you're that desperate to believe that you've been right about something, but it just comes across as sad.

4. vpkozel

Taht's only one part of the equation, Mr. he's not losing any value until spring training starts. You said that the Twins acepted the inferior offer to keep him out of the AL - that's what I want the link for.

I don't need anything more than lol when your own words prove you wrong.

Dice-k's negotiations and Helton are the biggies. Oh, and don't forget the Orioles are a legit contender BS you pulled a couple of years ago.

Those were all on conditioned on him not being traded. I can't believe that you would even try to pretend that I thought or claimed there was no possibility that someone migh trade for him prior to that. Especially since most of those quotes were - you know - pulled from the discourse about him being traded and shit.

Where did I say that he was not offering Ellsbury?

This is legitimately hilarious because you are so transparent. I said he didn't want to clean out the farm system, not he didn't want to trade Ellsbury.

5. vpkozel

BTW - I'm not going to turn my thread into a you vs. the world bitchfest where you prove that you can type more than anyone else in the world. So, if you want to have a substantive discussion, great. If, not, feel free to start your own "Why Collin was right about the Santana trade" thread and stay the fuck out of here.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

As I said, take a look around the internet. It's absurd for you to pretend that this is somehow news to you. ESPN, SI, Baseball America, and pretty much every source I've bothered to look at have all said the same thing.
    How have my own words proven me wrong? I don't even know what game you're trying to play here, but I'm right about Ellsbury and Buchholz being the only elite talents in that system. If you want to make an argument to the contrary, then by all means try to do so. But as of right now it seems like you respond with a dismissive "lol" because you know that you're completely incapable of actually arguing anything resembling an evidentiary point.
    I never said that the Orioles were "a legit contender," and how was I wrong about Helton? I did grossly underestimate Boras' willingness to buckle in the Matsuzaka negotiations, but that's only one example you can come up with of me being wrong. Look, it's amusing that you're so bitter that you're pouting and making these accusations, but it just comes across as childishness. I have been wrong about baseball-related things just as I have been about every topic. I've never pretended to be perfect and I've always been honest about the times when I have been wrong. But you pretending that I somehow have been wrong "so often" when your evidence amounts to things I haven't said and other supposed instances from years ago just illustrates how this totally isn't about anything I've actually said, and only about you being a bitter ass looking for a fight.
    I never claimed that you said there was no possibility of him being traded. You're trying to lie in order to cover up the fact that you said something dumb when you suggested that there was a good chance of him making it to free agency. In truth, there was never any significant chance of that happening, which is what grid and I both told you. That's why your babblery about Santana not being worth prospects was so ludicrous.
    You said that Ellsbury shouldn't be offered and then today claimed that Theo agreed with you. Epstein very clearly didn't agree with you at all as evidenced by the fact that Ellsbury was offered. Why you felt the need to pretend like he agreed with you is beyond me, but it came across as desperate and pathetic.
    Epstein offered a collection of Boston's top prospects, including their best one overall. That is directly contradicting what you said they should do, so very clearly he did not agree with you.
    You're the one who brought me up again, genius. I didn't come in here and start a fight with you over this today, you started one with me.

7. vpkozel

Larry summed it up best. You consistently disappoint.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

It would be nice if you would take responsibility for your own actions. Again, I didn't pick a fight with you here. You quoted me and took a shot at me unprompted. Act like a man and own up to your own behavior. The truth is that I'm an asshole and you're an asshole, only I'm not a hypocrite about it.

9. vpkozel

When did I say that?

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

"What I mean is that if the Sox sign him next year when he's an FA, what will they have given up all those prospects for? This year. That's it."

"Egg Zachary. So, you'd be giving up all of those prospects for what? This year. "

There were other quotes too, but I don't really see the point in listing them all. Oh, and for someone who is supposedly wrong so often, how about me saying that LRBaseballer and woody26 were both wrong about Santana for "Lester,Crisp, Masterson, and Kalish" being a done deal. Notice that instead of being skeptical like grid and I were, you cheered the rumor.