1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

And the division lead continues to grow.

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Why doesn't Francona where the same uniform as the rest of his team. It has always bothered the shit out of me

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

you mean the windbreakers and goofy short-sleeved shirts? why would that "bother the shit out of you"? lots of managers wear windbreakers.

4. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

The fact that a baseball managers wardrobe "bothers the shit" out of you is what concerns me.

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

word is the white sox wanted Jacoby Ellsbury and Clay Buchholz in exchange for mark Buehrle, and that killed that deal. wonder if collin thinks boston balked at that deal "because of money"?

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, that's a ridiculous asking price, but that doesn't change the fact that Boston did back out of earlier deals because of penny-pinching. Those decisions led to the dramatic overreaction this off-season in overspending on Drew and Lugo (Matsuzaka was more or less market value).

Boston doesn't need another starter anyway. Five man rotations are only important during the regular season and they'll make the playoffs without an upgrade. Adding a lefty might be nice, but it's not worth the prospects considering that you can choose to rely on Matsuzaka, Beckett, and Schilling in any playoff series. Buehrle is not a great pitcher and Lester has better stuff, although he doesn't have the polish yet and isn't someone you'd want to rely on for a critical game this year.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Ready for the second half to start! :woohoo:

Schill better be healthy dammit.

Saw in the Sports Guy chat yesterday that the Sox have 30 million coming off the payroll next year in Schilling (probably resigned at a lower price), Clement, and Lowell - which really doesn't suck.

They need to start thinking abuot spending some of that cash on Paplebon.

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I'm afraid Ortiz' s injury is worse than is being let on. he sayz his quad and hammie soreness stems from a knee injury suffered last year and that he'll probably need surgery. guy needs to lose some weight. rumor mills have them picking up a DH-type just in case.

I still think they need a startng pitcher. the Brad Lidge talk, to me, is strange. they're set at closer and setup. what's Lidge, a seventh-inning guy?

there's been talk (I'm sure it's just that) about the Sox maybe trying to trade for Roy Oswalt if the Astros fall too far back. that would whip ass, but it would cost the sox. I can't see Houston settling for any less than Ellsbury and Buchholz or Lester. Oswalt's worth it.

speaking of ellsbury. I went to the Pawsox game at Rochester Sunday, hoping to see him. he was in California for some futures game. Devern Hansack pitched. no fastball whatsoever. topped off at 86. Michael Tucker is their left fielder. what's he, 40? Not much there, other than Brandon Moss. David Murphy didn't impress. George Kottaras is, right now, the best catcher they have in their farm system. good arm, but hits about 190. bet Theo's wishing he hadn't done the Shoppach-Marte-Moto for Crisp and two bums trade.

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No. The last prospect for starting pitcher trade we made with the Astros was the poster child for bad trades.

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

although Roy Oswalt is just a tad better than Larry Anderson, I would agree, if the prospects were Buccholz and Ellsbury. Now if they'd accept Jon Lester and Brandon Moss, I'd say go for it, but only if they could have him for three years or more.