1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Brandon Moss, trades

this guy could be the Sox main trade piece this summer.

they have a shitheap of outfielders and starting pitchers in the system and in Boston. Moss, Tavarez and either Delcarmen or Hansen could make for a decent package.

Speaking of trades, there been some talk about possibly acquiring Brad Lidge. Dunno how I feel about that. where's his slot? Seventh inning seems the most likely spot, but that puts Timlin in a righty-righty matchup role almost exclusively, although Timlin's bound to break down again. Eighth? Okajima hasn't done anything to warrant a demotion. Bullpen has been one of the best in the league, so they really don't need Lidge, unless it's to keep him out of New York.

it's still only mid-JUne, so a problem area could very well emerge. I just can't see where the Sox would need to improve via trade, except maybe starting pitching. Depends on what Lester does.

and wakefield. Just when you think the guy's not helping the club, he comes along and throws eight innings of one-run ball.

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

And the division lead continues to shrink

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

the sox are taking it in the ass from the schedule-makers:

four games at Oakland, immediately following a Sunday game against the Yanks at home, then three at Arizona. Come home for three-game sets against Colorado and SF, then three at Atlanta before going back to the west coast for three-game series against San Diego and Seattle. That's killer.

The Yanks, for whatever reason, play only three NL west teams and they don't play the padres. Instead, they got the Pirates at home (wft?). For the same period, they got four at the White Sox and three each at home against Pitt, AZ and the mets before heading west for Colorado and SF and then to Baltimore for three. Not cake, but certainly not near as tough a road as Boston's.

If the sox can get through this stretch five or more games up, I'll be happy.

the biggest test for the Spankees, imho, will come in mid-august, when they host Detroit for four, then go to anaheim and detroit for three-game sets before hosting Boston for three.

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Nice sweep boys.

I permanently saved Barry Bonds' first at bat Friday night, the "tiny balls" sign was priceless.

5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I hate that Bonds got a homer at Fenway. It sure didn't look like Drew made much of an effort on it either.

6. Hyme Lipshitz

Hyme Lipshitz aka Billy Badass

Wake said he thought it was a pop up

7. Hyme Lipshitz

Hyme Lipshitz aka Billy Badass

it's time to get Tejada.. the year is this year to put it all on the line,, make the deal

then try to get Hunter

Pedroia

Tejada

Papi

Manny

Youk

Lowell

Drew

Tek

Crisp

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Starting pitching may wind up being a greater need

9. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No. I would prefer to be good long term than mortgage everything to win short term. We're in a good spot with our farm system and young guys - I'd like to keep it that way.

No, if we can just get Theo to spend the big bucks on the right players, we'd be in great shape.

10. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Who's contract is up at the end of this season that's on the block?