1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Red Sox thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by vpkozel, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Hanley Ramirez could switch from SS to either second base or centerfield, and if things go as projected, he'll be ready for the big team next season or possibly as a late-season callup this year. he's in Portland now.

speaking of Portland, their three big starting pitchers there -- Papelbon, Lester and Delcarmen -- are doing well. And Pawtucket's Abe Alvarez just threw lights out in a win over Richmond. Theo done good rebuilding that god-awful farm system.

2. TimTam

TimTam El Chupacabra

or maybe i could start one for the "i went to tons of O's games last year and supported them through all that...there just wasnt much to talk about."

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I'm impressed that you went to Orioles games and rooted for your team. However, lots of people go to ball games and the fact that you went to "tons" of Os games has absolutely nothing to do with a thread titled "Running Red Sox thread." Perhaps you could start a "Running Orioles thread" and post Orioles stuff there. Makes more sense.

4. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

scouts take on sox first round picks

No. 23. Jacoby Ellsbury, of, Oregon State U. Ellsbury has few holes in his game and is capable of beating teams in a lot of ways. He has excellent makeup and instincts. His best tool is his speed, and it's evident both on the bases and in center field, where he catches everything hit his way. He has been clocked in 6.55 seconds over 60 yards. He has become more patient, rarely swings and misses and is comfortable hitting with two strikes. His style of play and physical appearance have drawn comparisons to Johnny Damon at a similar age, but scouts say Ellsbury has a better swing. They question whether he'll grow into the same power, though.

No. 26. Craig Hansen, rhp, St. John's U. Hansen pounds the strike zone with a fastball that has been clocked consistently in the mid-90s and tops out at 97 mph. The velocity on his slider has been even more impressive, sitting at 85-86 mph with a high of 90. Though his fastball command wavers, he has an excellent approach to pitching and isn't afraid to go right at hitters. He should be even more effective against wood bats. He's suited to be a closer because of his temperament, short arm stroke and full-effort delivery.

both sound pretty promising and will fill a need in the next couple years. perhaps this guy Hansen can come up as a setup guy in the next year or so and groom himself to be the closer (like Rivera did behind Wettland). Scout doesn't have much negative to say about either and, since they both played extensively in college, they should reach the bigs soon.

5. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

That was a sweet ass tag of home plate by Trot.

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

head first? will they ever learn?

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Trot's got a bum knee and plus I don't see him getting in there if he goes feet first.

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

true enough. I'd just hate to see him break a finger a-la Manny

9. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

Well, i gave you boys the chance earlier to trade Schilling for Pedro and you turned me down. How do you feel about it now?

10. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

i remember the yankee fans yellin that at us in the stadium in 2002...