1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Running Duke Blue Devil Thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Cameron Crazy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

no they're not. This is pathetic. They don't even compete on the road. Thank God tournament games are at neutral sites. I don't know whats worse this year: Duke's performance on the road or Roy Williams' coaching.

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

I like how Tim Brando said Duke has 'perhaps the best PG in the nation' all while Duke couldn't even break a full-court press. I love Scheyer, he's having a great season and thank god we have him, but he's no PG. There are more important stats than 'assist to turnover ratio' in measuring a point.

Duke doesn't have a point this year and that's why they will continue to struggle on the road or to get out of the Sweet 16.

3. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

agreed. kyrie irving can't get to Duke soon enough.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Hey Silver How you doing?

5. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I'm fine. I don't mind losing to State or Wake Forest.The Tarholes are the ones that are my hated nemesis. I am pretty sure Duke will beat them this year. Probably both times.

6. Cameron Crazy

Cameron Crazy Member

Big First road win! The boys must have really been embarrassed from last game as they put the lockdown "D" on Clemson! Nolan Smith is cold blooded!

7. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah it's a big win but it's discouraging to me. Yet another game where we were exposed for not having a point. Also, Scheyer and Singler play 40 min, just three guys get off the bench and none of them score.

I've seen this Duke team before...

8. Cameron Crazy

Cameron Crazy Member

[​IMG]

9. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

Dj

Hey DJ I agree that it sometimes is rough not having someone who can break the press on their own, but in the Clemson game we used 4 or all 5 guys to break the press. The Duke teams from recent years had too many guards and not enough post players. This Duke team has some athletic post guys that can help in the press, but also get rebounds which is something we struggled with when we were missing 3's in years past. I agree we're far from great, but I like our team this year more than last definitely.

10. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

FACT: Christian Laettner played in 23 NCAA Tournament games. The most any player can play in is 24. Pretty amazing stat even if you can't stand the guy.