1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Roger Craig a Delhomme fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Jan 8, 2006.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

pro bowl ... whether you agree or not with the voting, there apparently are other people that disagree with as to whether he is one of the better QB's currently playing in the NFC

don't remember the Dallas game you mention other than Grant was the goat of that game. it was won without his mistake, so i'd expect it hard to say that Jake was the sole culprit.

count me as one of those fools that thought Morgan a legit pro-bowler when healthy. just because you think not doesn't make it not so.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

As Proprietor mentioned, it's pretty much impossible to say that any one player was a sole culprit, but if we go by that extreme measure then no player should ever get credit for winning a game or blame for losing one. Instead I think we can point to either monumental mistakes or consistent bad play as having a major impact on a particular loss.
    No, but I never expect anyone to just take my word for something. I go about proving it through analysis and statistics. Whether or not you choose to accept my opinion from there is beyond my control, but I do make it a point to prove that my opinion is at least valid, if not definitively true.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

goddam, i'd almost forgot about deon fucking up that dallas game.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I kinda cringe at the use of "much more", "vast majority", etc as the proof in such a subjective realm.

Jake makes some dumb throws. He also makes some great ones. He got to the Pro Bowl legitimately, he's taken us on more playoff runs than anybody. Guess what? He's not going anywhere. I'm glad of that, personally.

5. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

werd.

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

I don't think that anyone argues that Jake hasn't made more than his share of mistakes to go along with the good plays this season. The only thing that's more than a little rich is Collin saying he "got" Panther fans to admit that. Late no look throws in the flat are bad. And twinkies aren't the key to a healthy lifestyle. News at 11.

It's true that he's made bad plays, more than I like. It's also true that's a deserving Pro Bowl QB, albeit in a weak year (but in largely on the strength of player and coach votes.) Both items are true.

Here's hoping he's the difference next week. And next year. Cause overpaid or not, he's here. Marty Hurney doesn't have the stones to ask a Pro Bowl QB who's lead his team through the best three year stretch in its history to take a pay cut, even if the thought crossed his mind.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Actually Jake is the one who got everyone admitting that. He made so many obviously stupid throws this season that people finally got around to admitting that I was correct all along, but as noted, a little win streak goes a long way toward resurrecting delusions. And yeah, he's here and I hope he continues to improve. At times he can definitely be an above average quarterback.

8. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Delhomme sucks, we should trade for Harrington.:1peekdoor

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Yeah, he's clearly holding us back. We should cut him and go win some football games with a cheap journeyman. They never make mistakes.

10. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Perhaps Hasslebeck would be the exception, though he has been known to make some questionable throws before.

See 2003 playoffs at home, against GB, OT, last throw of the game after he professed they would win by scoring during the OT coin flip.

Lets hope Jake continues to prove that he makes his dumbass throws in the regular season and NOT during the post season.

Yeah, he pisses me off. And yes, imo, a coupla dumb throws by a QB CAN lose the game. It (possibly) changes field position, momentum, and even a scoring differential. The event can be game changing and can totally fuk up the desired gameplan that, had it not changed, wold be to your advantage, yet changed- to your total dissadvantage (see chic game this year).

I've called for jakes head as well at times, only because sometimes I feel he needs some discipline.

But I realize, too, that he is the best overall QB the Panthers have ever had.
    I like B-line, sure. I even like weinke. But Jake is better.

We'll see this Sun, and hopefully beyond, if he continues to, in fact, 'step it up in the postseason'. Obviously, he didn't choke in his first post season game(s), like we've witnessed the potential 'greats' and expensive first round draft picks have this year alone.