1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rodney White to the NUGZ...WHY??!!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by bobblinlutz, Jun 27, 2003.

1. bobblinlutz

bobblinlutz Junior Member

Why another, MUCH BETTER, small forward?? Now at least there's someone on the Nuggets who can honestly say "he dominated the game of college basketball" and not be lying.

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I haven't watched an NBA draft in 5 years, what are you referring too Bobblin? they drafted another Rodney White, I presume?

3. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

They drafted Carmelo Anthony (Denver that is)...That means less PT for Rodney since they play the same position...

4. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

Not really, Carmelo will play the SF position. While I think Rodney at SG is out of position, that is where he played last year, and by drafting Anthony I think they will keep him at the SG as long as he is with the team.

5. bobblinlutz

you're dreaming...rodney has not the outside shot or the ball handling skills to play the 2. he'll prob either be traded again or just ride out the last year of his guaranteed cash. that's the way it looks to me, anyway.

6. bobblinlutz

maybe I'm wrong...there's an article on the other board that says Denver is planning on playing Rodney at the 2. I'll be shocked if that experiment works.

7. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

He was at the 2 all last season. I watched the Nuggets everytime they were televised in my area. He was always at the 2 and many times was guarding the opposing teams PG. In a game where they beat Seattle he did a pretty good job guarding Gary Payton in the 4th Quarter.

This is his make or break year IMO. From what I have read he is prepared to take advantage of his opportunity and work extremely hard on his game this summer. I'll be looking to watch him during the Summer Leagues, a few Nuggets games will be televised on ESPN or ESPN2.

8. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

he is still SO YOUNG. He should be a senior the the 49ers..........NEXT YEAR! Sometimes I forget that. Garnett, Kobey, ONeil all struggled for a couple years, and Rodney will come around, IMO...I hope. One year of college doesn't prep you like 4 years to play in the NBA.

9. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Rod

Exactly, he played the 2 all of last season. I don't know what bobblin's talking about. I don't think he's an ideal 2 but that's where they're playing him. He did show some range and improved his defensive quickness. His biggest problem may be those bone-headed to's.

He still has a chance in Denver. They need to add an experienced pg to run things.

10. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Junior Member

Wouldn't be the first time.:rolleyes: