1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rivera's status (retained)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Dec 13, 2012.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    There's really not much information either way, but I don't understand why you think it's out of character for a head coach to have input on his team.

Now, you can bluster all day and make this personal (which you think somehow "wins" anything), but I don't understand why that's not plausible. If you want to use Collin-logic, more people in this thread believe that it's possible than not. Now, maybe you want to calm down a bit, because there's no reason to be upset over someone saying "our OC might've needed a correction because he was getting too cute."

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

You don't think Chudzinski has been "supervised" by Rivera in recent weeks. The very idea is ludicrous and you know that, you're just entertaining the notion because you're looking for another fight.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

No, I think it's legitimate. Rivera's presser after Hurney was fired suggested numerous changes that included Rivera's approach with his players, and who was starting at RB. I don't have "proof" anymore than you do, but a head coach has that power. Chudzinski has a boss.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

You don't think Rivera has been "supervising" the offense. You're bullshitting about being open to the possibility only because you're looking to fight with me about it. You know there have been no hints whatsoever about Rivera interfering like that, you know that he has far too good a relationship with Chudzinski to disrespect him like that, and you know it isn't in Rivera's character to meddle with areas he doesn't understand. It's funny the nonsense you'll pretend to believe just so you can fight with me about something.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Here we go again. Rivera is coming back but it's a get in the playoffs or get the fuck out of here

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

no, not really. I do like the push to try to make it about me. And no, generally, it's not up to me to regulate your anger by only saying things you like. You like to talk about lies and all that but you certainly like being told what you want to hear.

And no, I don't think a coach taking an order from a superior is disrespectful. It's Rivera's ship, and I don't really like the idea that because Rivera has been a DC that he has no idea about offense or what he'd want.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

[​IMG] Rivera is not supervising the offense. If you don't believe that, go ask him.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I find it odd you don't even think it's possible, given that most of them happened around DW's benching (which isn't going to happen from the OC) and Rivera stating he changed his own demeanor (though that hasn't seemed to last).

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Between DW criticizing Chudzinski's play-calling and also not appearing to be the best fit for Chud's offense (especially compared to Stewart), it's amusing to watch you pretend that wouldn't be Rob's call. Again, if I had been the one to bring this up then you'd be arguing the exact opposite. You look for opportunities to fight with me over nonsense.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

oh, no, that's definitely the head coach's call.

This might go more smoothly if you could either source my opinions or stop telling me what I think. OMGLIARINTELLECTUALDISHONESTY!!!111