1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rivera's status (retained)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

If they win out, JR holds a press conference reappointing Hurney and giving Rivera a 3 year extension.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Rivera is talking like he has no idea if he'll be back, for what that's worth.

3. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Probably because he doesnt. Im sure he realises its a what have you done lately league and he knows he needs to win. Sure seems to have a better demeaner in his interviews lately, like he knows if he does win he does have a chance to stay and they have been winning some.

The better Cam plays too i think will have a huge impact. If Keek gets DROY maybe he gets some more love.

4. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I do some work over near and at Bank of America Stadium, and though it's rare when I do, I treasure the experience when I'm there. Over this past season, I've learned that Jerry Richardson is an incredibly kind man, and the kind of guy to stop people in the hall and ask questions so he can learn a little about them. To shake hands, and smile at them as they pass. He cares deeply about the team.

I've also made a few pals who claim to have some inside knowledge. So when I type this, I in no way know whether it's blowhard made up shit, or if it's the truth, but this is what I've heard about "the team's" thoughts on Rivera:

They think wasn't ready for running the whole show in hindsight, but that he has shown he can learn from his mistakes and adapt - and apparently they think he can be an outstanding HC with time and patience, something Richardson isn't known to have too much of these days.

I heard as recently as last week that all indications are pointing to him staying regardless of incoming GM, and that he'd have to fuck up badly to get fired. As in a humiliating loss...not just a loss....

I also hear they're NOT happy with: Shula. And that if Chud wants to walk, we'll hurry him out the door - and that Norv Turner will be heavily pursued, and that can help Rivera stay.

Not sure why, or if ANY of this is true, but that's the rumors coming from some employees AT BoA. Could be bullshit. Who knows.

5. JJT

JJT Full Access Member

You don't think that's why Norv took a dive, Sunday, do you?

6. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Me? Hell no. Hell no. Nobody wants to lose a job. This has got to be devastating for him and the staff that works under him.

Who's to say he'd come here, anyway.

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

I was always under the impression Rivera signed a 4 year deal...

San Diego leaked they are firing the HC & GM at the end of the season...

I'm not hoping for Norv to come to the Panthers, I do think Rivera is a better coach now then when he was hired, I think early success gave him false hurt by giving him security & confidence.

I'm not sure how much better we can do as far as a new HC at this point, but with the right GM making sound personnel moves, Rivera could be successful

At this point, I would be shocked to see Rivera get let go.... especially considering Richardson would not want to pay Rivera & have to pay a new HC even more... wouldn't be worth the upgrade as long as the team is "trending upward"

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Well thanks for the info Purrsy. The Shula thing is most interesting to me, since I have no way to even guess about his status. I'm not sold on Chud and was thinking maybe Shula could stick. If that's true, bad idea ;-)

I think Chud could be good if he was supervised and I think he has been the past few weeks. Should have happened a lot sooner. But I'd take Norv Turner as OC and feel good about it.

I tend to agree with the team's (rumored) opinion of Rivera, though it's unpopular. New GM may have different ideas, which I'd be open to also.

9. y2b

y2b King of QC

my guess is the new GM would be told what his ideas are going to be

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

According to Yas' blog today: