1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rivera's status (retained)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

7-9

2. Swag Newton

Swag Newton Ball So Hard.

Rivera will stay long enough to piss cam off for being average...then he leaves, and its too late

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Supervise.

4. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

I was hoping we'd fire him, just becuase I think it's the logical move with a new GM, but the lack of desirable alternatives makes this easier to accept. I really do believe that McCoy would have been our next coach if Rivera was let go. So thank God we dodged that fucking shit.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    to the casual person it looks neat to have a team like Carolina hire McCoy. He comes back, gets to talk about being passed over as coordinator and showing the success they had while he was there. But, we know better.

Thing is, I can't even say how he'd do, because he's so generic and passive. Who knows, he could be a good head coach, and not that sort of dipshit who has to call plays even though he hasn't excelled at it, but then won't give it up to his team's detriment. But he wasn't even as good a QBs coach as Scherer.

I feel cheated that the team's had openings at coordinator and head coach that easily would've been Sam Mills' jobs. That I can see. For McCoy, a fucking Seifert intern, I'm not going to get sentimental.

6. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Presumibly McCoy would be a HC/playcaller, and we already know he's an awful playcaller.

7. chaz

chaz Full Access Member

I'm glad Rivera's back. The players need some continuity, especially Newton.

I've been waiting for Rivera to place his mark on the team. Attitude, spark...something. He never really did this season, but he did seem to turn a corner of sorts when he stopped trying to figure stuff out and went with his instincts. Oh, and it helped from a psychological stand point, I think, to start winning coin tosses.

Rivera's starting to find his "voice," so to speak, and I'm curious to see how he follows up. The guy didn't panic; he stayed positive and kept his players working hard and believing. I think the team will learn to win as he does, so I'm glad JR saw past the losing to let his coach and his organization find their feet.

That, I don't think my blood pressure could take another three-year rebuild project.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I feel like Rivera is a little slow, but once he gets it, it sticks. I have hopes for him to develop into a better coach, he did as a coordinator.

9. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Sure as fuck better not start 2-8 again.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's when Carolina played better teams. Next season media outlets will talk about winning five of the last six, but while the Atlanta win was nice, the rest were pretty sketchy. Horrible Philadelphia, a San Diego team who had quit on their coach, terrible Oakland, and the worst NFL defense of all-time. Add in that mix a loss to a team that only won two games all season. I can just feel the narrative coming of the Panthers being a popular sleeper because of all the close losses and "strong" finish. I would rather have the media shitting on the team and putting a chip on their shoulder.