1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rivera's status (retained)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

lol, you wish.

Thanks.

"Rivera said he’s going to stick mostly with the defense and let the assistants he hires handle the offense."

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Random mb guy w/strong Chud bias says: Two year ago, before he even hired anyone. Not relevant today.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Do you have anything anywhere suggesting that Rivera has done a complete 180 since then?

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I won't misquote you saying that you think Rivera has no knowledge about offense in general or ours specifically, because you're only inferring that, but I'm saying that's bullshit either way. Also, the ideals that "long history" means nothing - could mean they're comfortable enough to be told what to do.

Either way, the idea that any head coach doesn't have the right to delegate to any of his assistants any sort of adjustment is still silly. Or the idea that a superior telling a subordinate what to do is somehow "disrespectful".

I said the word secretary when? I also never said "MH isn't to blame, it's all JR." I've corrected you time and time again. I don't think I'm surprised that you'd just happen to use the same thing in your favor that you deride me for.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Saying you wouldn't say something and then saying it did give me a chuckle. :biggrin:

And more lies. *sigh* Find any quote from me anywhere that says a "head coach doesn't have the right." You don't quote me because quoting what I actually say results in you losing every single argument. You have to lie about what I've said because that's the only way you can keep the argument going.

Also, did you not notice this from y2b?

6. y2b

y2b King of QC

Rivera said recently, on the heels of Hurney getting fired, he's delegated too much in some areas, since that statement... the offense tweaked it's scheme, ST's turned it around, the Defense started wrapping up on tackles, etc, etc, etc... this team started an upward trend.

He stated his offensive philosophy when he was hired, and the Panthers strayed from that when he gave Chud too much "hands off". He seems to have brought the balance back in recent weeks. Rivera gets the credit & blame for everything this team is doing right now.

It's clear to me Rivera can coach, manage, and evaluate players and is heavily involved in all phases of the Panthers from assistants to game planning & decision made during the game on both sides of the ball. I'm looking forward to the draft this year, I think w Hurney out of the way, Rivera's & the Panthers are going to have a great draft. He's selling me as a HC.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

The play-calling hasn't changed. I get that you proving my point was a complete accident, but you did it anyway, so thanks.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

it's almost like you got it.

And, the Obama thing was cute, except that being a sleeper agent isn't in his job description. Telling the SoS what to do, is. I mean, I realize you were trying to make the most absurd example possible, but unless someone said that Chud is a sleeper agent ("OMG I DID NOT SAY THAT! CLEARLY YOU ARE A LIAR BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH"), it's not anything other than absurd.

I'm waiting for quotes first, since you don't lie because you say so, but you do the same things you accuse me of. Again, shocking you'd just happen to judge in your own favor.

yes, I saw it. Does it say "I'll never have anything to say about my offense"?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. madmike

madmike I Like Mexician Beer!

Mangus I really respect your opinions on here. Collin I wish would be like a pimple on my ass just dry up and go away. but I'm beginning to wonder if you two are having secret monkee sex. Let it go dude, my dad always said never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

fair enough, and true enough.