1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Refs

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by 90-99-77-93, Nov 16, 2003.

1. lj4three

lj4three Resident Non-A-Rab

many skins fans are bitching about muhammad pushing off on that deep catch he had in the 4th? i didnt think he was pushing off, he had his hands extended like he was gonna brace for contact with the db, but the db just seemed to lose track of the ball. what do you all think of that play?

2. Fan. Attic

Fan. Attic Upstairs Lurker

It looked to me like the DB actually broke back on the ball, thinking it was going to sail even more than it did, to get in position for a pick. But Moose went up and got it. There was a little contact there, but the DB (can't remember who it was) took those two or three deep steps on his own.

3. lj4three

lj4three Resident Non-A-Rab

yeah, what he said. :D

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Yeah, Moose did stop on the ball and pick it up out of the air. Partly because he simply plays the ball better facing it, and partly because I don't think he had a chance at a clean catch if he were running upfield being blanketed. The corner seemed to be going where he wanted to go, at any rate.

In a situation where Muhammad's momentum would have still been going forward, most times they don't call that. They did last week, but that was bullshit IMO.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

and faded long as to anticipate an overthrown delhomme pass!

nice play, catch and WIN................

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Best compliment to pay an official, is asking after the game, "who was the ref?" I had to consult my notes afterwards....Bad flag on Howard, Mitch's hold was iffy, but somewhat there...No fault to the stripes...no if you visit Redskin nation...MUCH different story. bunch of whiners.

HEY SKINS FAN....wanna know why you lost?

4 takeaways
    3 points to show for it.

Thanks you. Goodnight. Tip your waitresses and bartenders.

7. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

there's only 1 ref in the league that i recognize and say "yay" - that's the black dude who gives the excellent explanations of all controversial calls. i'd take him every game if i could get him

8. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

I thought the 1st one was O interfernce at the time, but seeing the replay, I changed my mind. Cousin stopped on a pump fake or whatever, and the WR ran over him on the way to the ball. I think the fact that Cousin stopped right in front of the WR for no reason, and the WR was on his way to the ball, was the reason.

The 2nd interference was bad. I wonder if it was because he had his hands or arms out too far?

I love the black ref with the explanations too.

9. Piper

Piper phishin member

Aren't you, as a defender, entitled to your position on the football field? If he were moving that would be one thing, but he was standing still.