1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recruiting

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by magnus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Big Russ

Big Russ Full Access Member

I believe Hannah is announcing the 24th. I like UNC's chances but the timing of the commitment date is worrisome. He visits Raleigh that weekend.

Boone, 3-star QB (but could end up on defense), visits Chapel Hill this weekend. Would be a nice pick up if the staff can nail down a commitment.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Another State commitment today:

OL 57 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Julian Williams
    (New Bern HS)
    New Bern, NC
    [​IMG] 6-4/275/4.90

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Sounds like a good bookend combo with Crouch and Williams at right and left, respectively, though at Williams' size/speed I wouldn't overlook him at DT, either. But Crouch is the one who lists the ability to do either, and he probably won't be looked at for it.

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

We really need more options on the OL. If we can be consistent in ability up front, that'd be great. Of course, no OC has been hired yet, so who knows what they'll end up doing.

5. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Full Access Member

Are you sure he was a long time UNC fan? His dad played football for NC State.

On another note, what a day for Wolfpack football!!!! 6 recruits verballed today on the wave of Toney Baker's commitment. Nice!

6. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Full Access Member

Might want to note that Tennessee did pull their offer on him. They were recruiting him as a DB, Hardesty took too long to decide and Tennessee got a commitment from another DB and told Hardesty he better find another place to go. Big pickup for the Heels regardless!!:applause:

7. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

It's amazing how UT turns off great recruits like this and still ends up with one of the best classes in the country every year.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

such bullshit

he took too long to decide? He just had his official visit this weekend to UT - when exactly did they expect him to make his decision? Fulmer wanted Hardesty have no doubt.

State really did rack up the last few days - Baker and two huge linemen to block for him.

Neal the CB from South Carolina is good too - he had two interceptions in the Shrine Bowl. Wonder if he'll give his new teammate Baker hell for running him down from behind knocking him out of bounds on the 2 yard line?

Brain I wouldn't worry about more teams coming after Nicholson - it is either FSU or UNC for him. I think FSU being overstocked with high profile linebackers may be what pushes him to UNC. He can start as a true freshman or at least get major backup minutes at UNC.

Hannah being very good friends with Cam Sexton and the lure of UNC basketball may be what gets him to UNC.

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

woLFPACKERSSSSS everywhere! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

He's a high 3 low 4 at LBer. So I'd expect him to move.