1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

2. C49er

C49er Full Access Member

Well, the ACC one should be obvious. There aren't any ACC teams IN Charlotte! I know. I'm about to fall on the floor laughing too!

But for the CUSA one...I'm baffled. They must not get copies of all the Charlotte articles. Hmph? :confused:

3. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

I never even knew those links EXISTED until you pointed them out.

4. Over40NINER

Over40NINER Full Access Member

Great guys. Now you've pulled mike p over here again to spread some more of his b fucking s. mike, you just don't seem to get it. No one believes your crap. You can twist stats around all you want, but lay off the garbage. Tell us the real reason you do not give us the same coverage other cities give their local teams.

5. Mike_Persinger

Mike_Persinger Member

You get coverage based on the interest in your program, and I believe that coverage is fair. Your program has less interest in our readership area, which stretches far beyond Charlotte, than other programs. I base this on anecdotal evidence and readership surveys. We are a regional newspaper. UNCC is just a small chunk of the region, and there's a lot of competition for our resources.
    Also, it's October. You guys always think the coverage is unfair in October. I never hear this during the season, when there are actual games.
    If the Niners were 23-5, there would be 20,000 people as excited as the four or five people who post here regularly. And there would be more coverage. Hasn't happened.
    Someone will say, "but the Panthers ... " and be right that they got great coverage even when they sucked. That's because, even when they sucked, many, many people cared, largely because of their PSL investments. They bought the paper to read about their team. Same with the Tar Heels.
    You, HighPoint and PI admittedly don't buy my paper. You just suck up the free stuff on the internet. And you say there's nothing I could do to get you to buy. Where's my incentive?
    Support the program? Not my job. We cover the program, based on interest. And I think that coverage is fair.
    Obviously, something has told the Memphis sports editor that Memphis basketball sells papers for him. We'd love to sell more papers, too. If Charlotte basketball were selling papers, we'd do more. I have no indication that it is.

6. HighPoint49er

Mike, many years ago I had a mail subscriprion to the Observer. I wasn't getting what I wanted from it so it was cancelled. And you are correct, I might check out the Obsever on the net now, but for the most part I'm wasting my time, I can get more and often more current 49ers information from other media sources and other internet sites.

"Where's the incentive?" I may be a small fish, but I make enough trips to the Queen City that I support many of the Observer's advertisers. I'm sure the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce appreciates and is glad their member businesses DON'T feel the way you do. Wonderful ambassador to the city you are. Isn't that one reason the old charlotte.com board was shut down a while back with all the racist talk on their forums?

There is no need to discuss this one further Mike. I've seen the same stuff from the Observer since I worked in as a sports information office student assistant from the Final Four season. Real has experienced it first hand in his previous job too. I think we can back up the obvious. Little has changed since 1976.

7. HighPoint49er

8. Over40NINER

I USED to buy your paper. I cancelled my subscription when you started coming on our boards mocking our program & throwing out all your bullshit you are famouis for. I'm not the only Niner who cancelled their subscription because of your sorry ass attitude with intentional disrespect for our school & our basketball program. I know 5 others who have never even read any sports forum but cancelled the Observer out of frustration with 49er coverage. Personally, I feel your so-called facts & stats are either made up or completely twisted. You say one thing to us & then you do completely the opposite for your little faggy acting bastards at unc-chapel hill.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I don't remember ticketholders to the Sting and WUSA having PSLs, yet they got mega coverage. YOu ignore these arguments every time they are brought up.

10. Over40NINER

If you had done a survey asking Charlotteans which team they liked the best (49ers vs Hornets), the 49ers would have won at least the last 4 years the Hornets were here. The Hornets "actual" attendance was less than ours on more than one occassion, but they always got more pub.

Mike P, I've sugested this before, & you always suddenly disappear after I mention it, but here's a suggestion for an article guaranteed to sell papers.

Publish a Sunday front-pager explaining the real reason acc teams are AFRAID to play the Niners. That should sell plenty of papers.