1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

I still don't understand why you all think the media has to give your team coverage at all.

2. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Where'd you get that from? All I did is ask him a few questions. It wouldn't hurt having the local media on our side. It could only help.

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Note to self: Eat all cookies in the media room so QCH will get none.

4. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

No, I'm serious, some of ya'll are pissed because UNCC doesn't get more coverage in the observer. Do you pay their salaries? Do you manage them and tell them what they can fit every day? Are you a higher up limiting them to what they can do? Ya'll are some selfish bastards that have no idea what the media is all about.

Oh, and HP, good luck getting downstairs to the media room to eat those cookies.:cool:

5. HighPoint49er

I can get there QCH, I have a pass. You need to come upstairs where the real food it before the game.

6. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

I just hate that this type of whining is one of the things that UNCC is best known for around Charlotte.

7. HighPoint49er

And it will continue for another 15-20 years until the University becomes the largest in the UNC system for undergraduates. By then there will be another 25000 grads in the Charotte area.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I don't see how that will help you get a better basketball team. The surest way for y'all to get more coverage is to have a better team. Right now y'all are the 3rd or 4th option for this region. And since the Observer is a regional paper, that means that you don't get the coverage that the ACC schools do.

9. HighPoint49er

vp, are you saying 40000 alums in the Charlotte area won't mean anything to the Observer or their advertisers? Hell, Chapel Hill currently has more alumni dying per year than UNCC graduates in a year. Those numbers are slowly catching up.

It's not about making a better ball team, it's about coverage. And Real had it right, the angle of local players staying home and performing to become All-Conference with the 49ers would've been a nice story.

I also think the Observer would not want to be called a regional newspaper. That's my opinion though.

10. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

Go to the eastern part of the state and ECU gets football and basketball coverage that the 49er are looking for. So it's not all about having a good team.