1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Go back and look at you OOC - y'all haven't exactly been taking on the titans of b-ball (yes, I know about this year's schedule - and kudos). And all of my comparisons have been comparing UNCC to major basketball teams - as I think that y'all are - I just happen to believe that y'all - and your conference for that matter - are on the middle to lower end of the majors. I have said that in pretty much every single post I have ever made on this subject.
    Using all 327 that play basketball is not really representative, IMO.

And trying to say that I brought UNC into this discussion is laughable considering that you - in particular - have always said that UNC needs to schedule UNCC to bring up our RPI - which is just a ludacris claim, because, as I said earlier, UNC's RPI would not be a problem - if we win the games that we have scheduled.

2. vpkozel

WHICH IS ALL I HAVE EVER FUCKING SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I can assure you I never said we want UNC for OUR RPI, what I said was that UNC has no excuse to duck us, and it would benefit THEIR RPI to schedule us, and not teams like Rutgers and A&T. We have no problems finding other programs to play from out of this area. Lutz does a hell of a job making a strong schedule, we don't need UNC to strengthen it, I would just like to play them every other year or so. My whole RPI take has been that ours is usually strong, and that even if UNC lost to us, it won't hurt them RPI wise, like it does losing to Davidson and others. (and yes I know Davidson beating you and us were both annomallies.)

4. vpkozel

Carolina's rpi is just fine - as long as we can start winning - our schedule is plenty tough, but the fact is that they also need to have enough easy games - that they can have at home - to give the fans more opportunities to see them play, develop depth, and confidence, etc.

The idea that UNC needs to play UNCC to enhance their rpi more by playing UNCC - or the idea that we are ducking you (which apparently y'all actually believe) is fantasy.

5. Over40NINER

Over40NINER Full Access Member

Metro, we must have something going for us; otherwise, we wouldn't have these chapel hill fans hanging out on the NINER FORUM.

And if we played St Joseph in Charlotte, we would have more than 5,000 fans at the game like the tarholes did.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003