1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I'll gladly buy you one any time vp!

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I have NEVER once insinuated that Charlotte's program is better, was better, or will be better than UNC-CH's. If I were a betting man I would bet that you guys will be better than us over the next 5 years, but who knows. It would be nice if we could settle this on the court and not have to wonder. :rolleyes: If, big if, Iti is as good as billed, we will be better than you for the next 2 years.

3. metro

btw vp, I have already won the battle inside your head, I have penetrated your subconsious and now have you spelling UNC-CH properly as "UNC-CH." I love the hyphen for Chapel Hill. :cool:

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Never said you did - I just wanted to give you the opportunity to publically back up your team - or bail - as the case may be :D

If Iti is great, you'll prolly lose him afte this year. Somebody will point our Chris Marcus (WKU) as an example of why he needs to take the cash and run.

5. vpkozel

If you think that, you are deranged. I have used UNC-CH my whole life. Including my resume. It's the proper name.

6. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

I'm sorry. Wasn't this post questioning the validity of one writer and why he continually denies that the local University is a terrific program? I thought this was about something else. If it's about scheduling, then here goes it...

All I know is UNC scheduled us once.
    They almost met us in the '77 Final Four.

The first time we DID meet was in the 1998 NCAA Tourney. They were #1 in the rankings and we were a #8 seed -- for some assinine reason -- and they neneded OT to beat us.

The second time, they were #3 in he rankings and Charles Hayward -- God rest ye -- scored to put that game IN Chapel Hill (sorry, Observer writers, I meant in North Carolina!) into OT. Only a Brendan Haywood over the back tip-in sealed that win for the home Heels.

They are not scared. They are smart! When we hired Bobby over Matt, that sealed the deal. The only way we'll EVER meet them again is on the NCAA Torueny and who knows what that will look like after 2006!

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

no but they put more fans in there than the hometown 49ers.

8. vpkozel

Yes - this whole thing started out with y'all complaining about lack of coverage. Stick with what you do best I guess.....

Yep, we needed OT both times. And we won both times. And you know what - I can only remember 2 times that UNC-CH was an 8 seed and we knocked off the 1 seeds we played - Oklahoma and Stanford.

So - once again - I go back to my original statement. Why don't y'all take care of fucking business instead of bitching about what might have been and talking about how close you were to accomplishing something.

UNCC must be the only school that needs tampon machines in the men's room.

9. metro

yeah, Chapel Hill is so full of manly men. :rolleyes:

helloooooooo

10. jimwilliams

jimwilliams Junior Member

...and I thought that UT at Knoxville fans were the most arrogant on earth. I feel for you guys trying to argue with UN-CH bigots.