1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

You aren't very good at reading comprehension are you. Nowhere did I mention 5 years, nowhere did I mention rpi as teh sole measure of success.

2. vpkozel

It's called sarcasm HP - figured you would spot that. me saying that UNCC is scared to play UNCW is as ludacrisp as saying that UNC-CH is scared to play UNCC.

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I stand by my comments regardless vp. :D I could care less if it's UNC or UVA, the almighty chest thumping by some is uncalled for. There are numberous reasons as to why a game should be held here. If your EARLY comments are correct, there's ACC interest in this city of Charlotte. Let them come to a game, we'll take the gate and any ACC team play ball. The ACC has 12 members now. UNC Chapel Hill fans had better get used to the fact that they will never see the upper division in football or a bowl game. As for basketball, Roy should bring them back. However, just wait for the backlash when the original schools (UNC Chapel Hill in particular) have to explain that 25% of their ACC tourney allotment is gone.

4. vpkozel

Originally posted by HighPoint49er
    I stand by my comments regardless vp. :D I could care less if it's UNC or UVA, the almighty chest thumping by some is uncalled for.

I know - you guys should stop it until you actually accomplish something :D

There are numberous reasons as to why a game should be held here. If your EARLY comments are correct, there's ACC interest in this city of Charlotte. Let them come to a game, we'll take the gate and any ACC team play ball.

And I think that I have also been pretty plain in saying that UNC and Duke - and maybe even Wake - already get plenty of coverage in this area - so there is no reason for them to play UNCC here - other than appeasing y'all. And I just don't think that is a very good reason to play a game. We played you in 98-99, and that wasn't enough, because y'all felt that you deserved a return game here and it also seems that y'all feel we should play you every year.

The ACC has 12 members now. UNC Chapel Hill fans had better get used to the fact that they will never see the upper division in football or a bowl game. As for basketball, Roy should bring them back. However, just wait for the backlash when the original schools (UNC Chapel Hill in particular) have to explain that 25% of their ACC tourney allotment is gone.

Never be better than 6th in the ACC in footbal and never go to a bowl game EVER again. I'll take that bet. Wanna go double or nothing on the Bass you owe me?

5. HighPoint49er

Sure I'll take that bet, where are they gonna get 6 victories when they're beginning 0-3 in the conference (FSU, Miami, Va Tech). 6-2 is going to be rough, unless you play ECU home and home in the same season for two victories). Even then, I'm not sure they're capable of ever winning at Kenan Stadium again! :p

6. vpkozel

I'm in. No time limit, right. I think we'll be good again - fuck you bear. Are we going to be annual NC contenders - nope. But the Heels definitely have the commitment, budget, facilities to consitently be top 20 and make a run at top 10 every so often.

Our problem has been that when we get a good coach (and Brown did build some good teams - he just sux on the sidelines) he ends up going somewhere else - either because he is boring (Dooley) or gets a better job (Brown).

7. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

is vpkozel czech for "foot in mouth?" :D

8. vpkozel

Nope - it's short for my favorite beer - Velkopovicky Kozel.

You want in on this open ended bet?

Edit - I'm still waiting for your answer on who you think will be better over the next 5 years UNC-CH or UNCC......

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  9. HighPoint49er

vp, you'll be drinking plenty with all those losses. I figure you'll be drying out when (errrr, if) they ever finish in the top half or go bowling so I'm safe.

10. vpkozel

See, now that's just plain fucking wrong. Wishing that on a guy......