1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

let me refresh what you said:
    one year having a rpi of 66 to our 92 (not 100) is not being better than us the last few years. hell, if thats the grounds for being better over a few years, then we are damn sure better than UNC-CH the last few years because yall had an RPI of about 200 your 8-20 year.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Right - last few generally means 2-3. Not 10. If it means 10 to you, then can I borrow a few bucks.

I got the rpi from sportsline - I didn't know the site y'all always use and didn't have time to look. So what was y'all's 2 years ago compared to UNCWs? Did y'all go to the tourney - did you win a game against a 4 seed?

Carolina's rpi has nothing to do with this. As I have said countless times - we sucked that year. We are over it and we'll move on. Care to wager who does better over the next 5 years? Here's your chance to step up and put your money where your mouth is.

3. metro

my definition of "few" is 3-5. one nice UNCW season doesn't make them better than us the last few years:rolleyes: . yes we went to the 02 NCAA (invited) and lost to a stud Notre Dame team that either beat Duke the second round or played OT, cant remember. speaking of facts, here they are:

rpi source

03' RPI
    UNCC 94
    UNCW 52
    UNC 51

02' RPI
    UNCC 42
    UNCW 68 :rolleyes:
    UNC 152 :D

01' RPI
    UNCC 36
    UNCW 107 :rolleyes:
    UNC 6

00' RPI
    UNCC 48
    UNCW 132 :rolleyes:
    UNC 26

99' RPI
    UNCC 37
    UNCW 185 :rolleyes:
    UNC 15

5 yr avg. RPI
    UNCC 51.4
    UNCW 108.8 :rolleyes:
    UNC 50 :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  4. vpkozel

So now this has generated into a debate about what few means. As I have been pretty consistent staing UNCWs case as their last 2 tourneys - both in this thread and another one - I think everynoe understood what I was talking about.

Also, let me ask you this - which would YOU personally consider a more successful season - to have a higher rpi, or to make noise by upsetting the 4 seed?

The bottom line is this. Your program has done nothing to make UNC-CH schedule you each year - or even semi regularly. Every university in the UNC system wants to play Carolina, so why should y'all be given special treatment? That is why we should play one UNC system team each year and rotate it.

5. metro

dude you said the last few years UNCW is better than UNCC and were wrong. Just because they beat a 4 seed one time, doesn't account for a few years. thank you, drive thru.

6. vpkozel

And I would stick to that. In 99-00, UNC was 22-14 (and some considered them to be a bubble team) but we went to the Final 4. Now, 22-14 is not what I would consider a successful season, but going to the Final 4 made it one.

So, I would say that yes, going to the tourney twice - as compared to your once - AND actually winning a game would be more successful than you over the past few years.

And I guess we'll never know if they are better than y'all - cause y'all are scared to play them. ;)

7. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Scared? The 49ers are 10-3 all time against the Seahawks.

Let's see, 10 D-I basketball programs in the UNC system. Can you name them all? Charlotte plays Appalachian State, East Carolina (2), North Carolina A & T and UNC Asheville. UNC Chapel Hill plays North Carolina State (2) and UNC Wilmington (and won't play them in Wilmington). Who's scared?

There are only 2 UNC system schools Charlotte will not play, Western Carolina (no idea why) and UNC Greensboro (basketball contracts were cancelled a few years back due to some comments made by their chancellor and athletic director).

8. vpkozel

cause you're scared. It's pretty obvious.

9. Iron9er

Iron9er Full Access Member

This looks like my definition of "A Punkin' " Ouch! Facts tend to hurt VP's argument.....

10. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Your team is the one that won't play them in Trask.

If you want to know the reason why Charlotte quit playing them:
    The RPI wasn't there in the past. It is now and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them added to the schedule for ASU or NC A & T when the conference shakeout finishes. Personally, I'd rather see us play them than ECU.