1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recent Memphis basketball newpaper coverage

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Oct 5, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I'd say that your chances would have been a hell of a lot better. Especially if Roy had taken the job the first time around.

2. vpkozel

Do we schedule Davidson every year, numnuts? I don't even know the coach at Clemson, but is HE the one that gave Lutz his shot to get back into b-ball after working on Wall St.? Basically the reason that we played Davidson was that Doh wanted to repay McKillop for taking that chance.

And as for whoever said it was a guaranteed win - well, we all know how that worked out, don't we.....

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

vp, why don't you turn off the spin cylce for 2 seconds and admit the real reason UNC-CH and others wont' play Charlotte, is because Charlotte is dangerous, as NC State found out 2 years ago.

4. vpkozel

Spin cycle? That's really funny.

Like I said - the funniest part about all of this is that y'all actually believe that UNC-CH is ducking you. If our schedule wasn't routinely one of the toughest in the country you might have somewhat of a case.

But it is - and you don't.

5. UNCCTF

UNCCTF RIP Danielle

...so you play Davidson and UNCW instead. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

6. vpkozel

we went through this already. UNCW has been better over the last few years than y'all - or for that matter Carolina. Y'all seem to think that you are the only team that wants to play Chapel Hill.

7. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

that is just ignorant and silly. UNCW has never nor will be better than us. one season, maybe they had more wins than us, and one player, but they play nobody and should dominate that high school conference. when UNCW plays a top 30 schedule and gets 18 wins out of it, then you can bring that crap, but until.....

stop VP before you lose the little cred you have left in here.

UNCW :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Last season's RPIs of opponents...

Charlotte - 12 OOC games, 110 average RPI
    UNC Chapel Hill - 9 OOC games, 106 average RPI (including #1 Kentucky and #327 NC A&T); even adding the 4 "unknown at the time" NIT games changes it only to 13 games, 99 average RPI

I don't see very much difference there in schedule strength. ACC overall vs. C-USA yes, there are dogs at the bottom of C-USA.

Source: TeamRakings.com

9. vpkozel

Dude - they went to the NCAAs the past 2 years, beating a number 4 seed, playing the runner up that year very tough - and then last year they damn near beat the defending champ.

Their RPI last year - cause you love it so - was 66. Y'all's was 100 hundred.

Yep, I got no credibility - except for all the facts are on my side and all you got is a pussy ache.

I am not arguing that over the past 10 years they have been better than UNCC - but over the previous 2 they damn well sure have.

10. vpkozel

And I have said that I expect us to play a tougher schedule. I think you'll see that going forward.

Personally, I think that UNC should play one team - that's it - from the UNC system each year (OOC) - and rotate it yearly.