1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Reality Check

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by barry49s, Nov 28, 2003.

1. MKNiner

MKNiner Full Access Member

Was at that game and C-USA merely withered under the darling UC's complaining.

To put some perspective on this for you,
    1) An inadvertant whistle is ALWAYS a mistake.
    2) The whistle blew right after UC got the rebound off a Diego missed free throw shot. It blew two more times before the UC kid ever shot the 3.
    3) Our players acknowledged the whistle and stopped playing, the UC player shot an uncontested, wide open 3 point shot.

UC was given the ball, against the rules by the way, it should have gone to the possession arrow and had 3 more chances to score, while guarded this time, and didn't.

No one who has a shred of clue about basketball and saw that series of events could say we were helped or UC was jobbed b/c of the whistle.

To bad google doesn't teach you sound reasoning, you could have used it.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Lighten up Francis. I wasn't at the game, didn't see it on tv, and really don't care. The point is that the official in the Syracuse game - which I also did not watch - was not a "Big East official" trying to give Syracuse the game.

And I also am not saying that I personally agree with that article. I just thought it was quite funny that the same ref you idjits are bitching about trying to job you was involved in a situation where y'all were the beneficiaries.

3. MKNiner

MKNiner Full Access Member

Then shut up.

I'm not getting "heavy" about it. However you're a tarhole and thereby the scum of the earth and apparently quite adept and mouthing off about things you have no clue about.

See above post. To have been the beneficiaries we would have had to gain an advantage by the call, we got none.

In the future don't try to offer up as evidence for a warped opinion you hold situations or incidents you don't know crap about.

4. vpkozel

No.

5. vpkozel

Like I said, I am not implying that Cincy would have won - I just found it humorous that the guy was involved in a situation where CU fans said he gave y'all the game.

6. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

O'Neil blew the whistle on that call in the Cincy game. Higgins was the lead official.

My comments stating he was consistent meant he'll call it either tightly or let them bang the whole game, you never know how much he's wanting to toot until the game begins.