1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Randle El signs with Washington

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Mr. Scot, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I talked to David Patten's cousin today. Don't look for Patten to be here. He's starting in on his 2nd year of a 4 yr. contract at $5 mil/ yr. David is coming off 3 major surgeries and looking/waiting on a 4th coming up here soon. The Skins ain't gonna release him with that much coin riding on the line and if they do release him, it'll probably mid-season so it would count on next yr's cap. Of course, like I told David's cousin, we're talking Daniel Snyder here and he does some weird shit when it comes to signing and releasing players. Don't get too upset about the 3-4 surgeries. They are just "clean-up" surgeries on knee.

He hasn't talked to David yet since Randle El and the other dude were signed, so he doesn't know how David feels about all this. I told his cousin that when he talks to David to tell him to put a bug in his agent's ear about coming to Carolina if he gets released. Whether he tells him or not when he talks to him, I don't know. We'll see how it stands later. I'll keep going on "recruiting trips" and bugging his cuz! :D

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Why not just release him after July 1st rather than midseason, if their wanting to spread out the cap hit. It'd do the exact same thing.

3. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I don't know. That's a good question. I'm just repeating what his cousin said. Maybe see how his knee holds up? I don't know, I'll ask his cousin tomorrow if I see him.