1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Questions on Jogging...for the very first time.

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by Honeygirl, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

Alcohol is no problem, but the caffine cut back will give me the shakkkkes...aye well, I'll do my best with that one :fingerscrossed:.

This too is really helpful, thanks Magnus. I checked out that site and it was about home furnishings (some very nice things though...I paused for a looksee). Weather wise, we've got the opposite problem with the heat and summer (at last). I'm thinking of going early morning or late evening, where I'm not in the sun so much. Thanks though - real inspirational stuff!

This is something that worries me, as I have none :frown:.

This sounds stupid (and it is), but I tend to hold my breath when I run. Yes, yes, not going to get very far with that. I'm going to check out some sites on the technique and see how I get on. Also, what's put me off before is heinous shin splints :crybaby:. I'm hoping that proper stretching will help ease that - and shoes.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. I really don't want to go to the trouble and expense of a trainer as such - I'm hoping that I can just plod along and see how it goes :drummer:.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
  3. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

Ha! Thanks Magnus - that looks more like it. I was tempted by the other site though - big fat couch vs. running - couch - running...hmmm.

I'm checking it out now - thanks!

4. wordsworth

wordsworth Full Access Member

One other thing HG, I don't know what kind of bra you wear walking, but you'll need a good sports/jogging bra, if you don't strap those puppies down, they're gonna hurt the next day, just saying.

5. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

Actually, I was going to ask you about this (along with the shoe dilema), so it was on my list!

The girls stay in the daytime bra when I'm walking, but I have been thinking that I'm going to need a sports one if I plan on running. I've never had any luck with sports bras, but that's definately on my list to get.

Tonight, I just stuck to my walking and ecliptical trainer workout. Pumping up the arms more ala B&B's advice :cheer:.

Thanks again WW - and everyone for your input. I'm very much a beginner here so I really appreciate it.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I think this bit here needs to be handled by committee. We'll need video.

7. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat superstar...yo.

concurrence

8. wordsworth

wordsworth Full Access Member

They are some that zip up in front. You don't have to struggle getting into them so much.

btw, I have asics running shoes, they cost more than my first car, but they are worth it. If you're happy with your Nike walking shoes, look at their running shoes. Just make sure they're snug, but not pinching, if that makes sense.

9. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

It does, thanks WW.

I checked out some on my way home from work today. I see what you mean about the cost thing :stunned:.

It was like getting yourself into a straight-jacket, and looks like they've been taped down with duct tape ( :crybaby: ), but I did the jog test - and was very impressed. No trying to get out of the cup, no wiggling, no strap fall-over - http://www.bendonsport.com/whats-new love it!

I didn't get it though because I want it in black and they only had manky white. Yea, yea - it's a stalling technique :sun:.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

If cost is a concern try duct tape. Duct tape makes a great jockstrap, but it doesn't do so well in the warsh.