1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

question, home theater

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by gridfaniker, Dec 4, 2003.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

Did you get a DVD/VCR Combo?

Does the input to your TV come from the stereo now?

If it does, then you should be able to add the 3 wires to the stereo and choose that channel. You'll have an input for VCR and one for DVD. The combo has 2 outputs as well, 1 for each, I would wire them seperately to the stereo. Use S-Video for the DVD.

I have only 1 S-Video jack on my TV, and my stereo is old (just plain Dolby) and I'm using a video game switch for the PS2, DVD, Cable Box, Digital Camera, and the Video Camera. The VCR just goes to Video 2.

2. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

DVD and VCR are separate. Here's what I'm doing now: I have a component video cable running from the back of the TV to the DVD and audio cables running from the back of the TV to my receiver. I have a fiber optic cable going from the DVD to the receiver.

3. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

doesn't your tv have at least 2 av inputs?

Use one of them for the reciever, then you can run the video from the dvd through the reciever to the TV. You should also be able to run the VCR that way too. If it's a home theatre reciever it'll have component video inputs back there somewhere.