1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Question about Charlotte

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by sigepmike, Mar 2, 2004.

1. sigepmike

sigepmike Full Access Member

I will be in Charlotte in April for the Jimmy Buffett concert. Anyone have suggestions on a hotel near the concert site (Charlotte Colisseum) or suggestions on what we should do while in town?

2. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

downtown and Unviersity Area are the two best places for bars. I don't know what to tell you about the area hotels. That part of the city sucks now.

3. sigepmike

sigepmike Full Access Member

Would I be okay with Prceline in the downtown Charlotte area?

This is the Priceline map. Which areas would be good?

[​IMG]

4. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

Obviously, the Coliseum area is going to be closest to the show itself, and maybe you'll pick up on some Buffet fan hotel room parties out that way, but I wouldn't count on it. That area is nothing but business parks and highways. It's pretty in the spring, but as dull as an old butter knife. There's a Jock's & Jill's across from the coliseum, but it's probably fairly dead. I haven't bothered going out there since the Hornets left.

Downton is where it's at. Most of the rooms are expensive (the Hilton Garden I think on 2nd St is fairly cheap), but you'll be right beside all the downtown bars, and South End is a verys hort cab ride down the street. I'd go for that.

By the way, why is Buffet doing an indoor show? Last two times I saw him at what is now called Verizon Ampitheater beside the university... Good shows. Way too much alcohol. Good time.

5. pcon

pcon Full Access Member

Amerisuites is the closest hotel- right behind Jock and Jill's. # is 704-357-8555. 4119 South Stream Blvd.

6. imking4aday

imking4aday Senior Member

stay downtown. there is absoluetly nothing in the coliseum area, and you'll only be ther for the concert. when concert done, you go back downtown-party til 2/3 AM, and you can walk to your hotel room. don't even think about staying in coliseum area. coliseum only about 10 miles from the coliseum too, so cab fare aint much.