1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

QB dilemma

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by hasbeen99, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Carson Palmer vs. BAL, or Jeff Garcia vs. SEA?

What say you?

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Looking Neither Better Nor Worse Than Usual:

Jeff Garcia (QB, TB) – After resurrecting his career by leading Philly on a playoff charge in 2006 and throwing 10 TDs and just 2 INTs in 8 games, Garcia landed in Tampa Bay and has already been dubbed a savior. The major obstacle he faces is jump-starting an offense that lacks bona fide WR threats outside of Galloway. His job could be made even tougher if the Buc running game doesn’t improve in 2007. Look for him to use his mobility and accuracy to make some plays, but don’t expect him to blow up, given that he’s still adjusting to his teammates’ tendencies. He’ll face some serious pressure from Patrick Kerney, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson and have difficulty finding seams against an improved secondary, but he’s a decent option.

Looking Neither Better Nor Worse Than Usual:

Carson Palmer (QB, Cin) – Palmer made it look easy last season when he threw for over 4,000 yards and completed 28 TD passes. He’s as talented as any quarterback in the league and he has a cannon for an arm. The key for Palmer in this match-up is whether or not his O-line can buy him enough time in the face of a blitz-happy, physical Raven defense. He’ll have to dodge Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and both defensive ends, so it’s not going to be a walk in the park by any means. However, the running game should keep Baltimore honest and allow Palmer to get his when all is said and done. Look for him to find Houshmandzadeh underneath when he’s pressured and take his fair share of chances downfield to #85.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

The old adage is that you never bench your studs, but it's awfully hard to play Palmer against Baltimore, especially this early in the season when defenses seem to have an edge. I'd probably grit my teeth and go with Garcia, but most would tell you to stick with Palmer.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I have Palmer or Alex Smith vs Zona, have Smith starting so far. I am not 100% convinced, but I'm not giving in to the temptation.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I would start Palmer over Alex Smith, who isn't that good.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Well, yeah, but neither is Zona. [edit: should have said Zona's pass defense] OTOH, Balt doesn't figure to give up a lot of points. Decisions decisions.

7. knobyjoe

knobyjoe Junior Member

Palmer!

8. rotocub

rotocub like cool....only dorkier

No way I bench my stud QB for an iffy one, regardless of matchups. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but benching the stud only to end up seeing him put up huge numbers would make me :banghead: more than the alternative.

9. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Glad I stuck with Palmer. :smile:

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah. I like Garcia, but it looks like Tampa Bay has some pass protection issues.