1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

portable mp3 players

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by geeosphere, Oct 28, 2003.

1. geeosphere

geeosphere Member

anyone have any experience or opinions about one. i'm looking to get one, heard/read great things about iPod, but i'm not a Mac user so i was looking at creative's jukebox (?). 20GB hard drive space should be plenty. not looking for a disc mp3 player, just the hard drive types.

2. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

you can use an ipod on a PC:D

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I have a Crative Jukebox, and it's great. 20 gig should do you. are you looking at the version 2 or 3? I have the original version, and 3 looks prety good. The only complaint I have about mine is battery life and they seemed to have fixed that. I think that you can get the same size HD now that is much smaller, but I don't know how much more it is. Make sure you buy a decent set of small speakers to go with it and you have a travelling stereo. It's great for when you travel. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

4. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

i've got an ipod and i love it. it's the 20gb "old" version, but it rocks.

my only complaint is that it doesn't put out a very strong signal to the headphone jack. which is fine for headphones, but it means you need to crank your stereo way up if you plug it into your receiver -- which is only bad cuz you hear more interference/noise... oh, and you might drop a load if you accidentally switch to radio with the volume up to near max.

i love the recharging thru firewire port. and it's a portable, self-powered hard drive. so you can use it get data from work to home or vice versa.

you can also get the music back off the thing with special tools you can download from the net...

i bought the PC version, but i use it on my wife's mac as well.