1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Plavich doesn't play defense?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Chisox17, Jul 19, 2003.

1. SayHey

SayHey Full Access Member

I personally think people should base their input on what they believe to be true and to hell with other's feelings, be they optimistic or pessimistic. Steeping your input in pessimism in an effort to demean or refute another's optimism, just for the sake of doing it, is pointless in my opinion.

I never said you were wrong to be sceptical, in fact I said the opposite. I said it was pointless to be pessimistic just for the sake of being pessimistic or for the sake of disagreeing with those you just don't like. You're also making a pretty big assumption that those who are optimistic are only so for the sake of muting pessimists like you. Could it be they are optimistic, just because they are and you have zero to do with it? Couldn't it be that they simply don't agree with you? You are the only one who has stated that another poster's demeanor is the reason for your attitude about players and this team.

2. SayHey

Ah, I see. So since his coaches aspouse a view that is contrary to your's they're lying and just hyping him. Of course, that must be it. :rolleyes: Yes media guides hype players, but the coaches aren't going to say he's one of their two best defenders when in reality he get's burned on D everytime down the floor. But hey, hold to that thought, anything to keep you from being wrong. :rolleyes:

3. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

NA admitted he was overly optimistic to refute the pessimism. Go read it at cusatalk.

anyway, being too optimistic or pessimistic is not right.

4. metro

some 49er website quotes:

on nash: "We’re going to put the ball in his hands, more and let him make plays and make decisions. He has a chance to be an all-conference player because of his size and because he can play the point.” -- Bobby Lutz :D also a strong perimeter defender

on Tory: “Tory has the potential to be a very productive low-post scorer. He can do it with power and he’s improved his finess move. He’s gotten himself in the best shape of his life which should help him have a much better season.” -- Bobby Lutz

and let us not forget this on Tory: "Athlon Magazine ranked him as the #2 Power Forward, between Eddie Griffin (#1) and Jason Parker (#3) :rolleyes:

I could go on and on from our website, but just because the Vandy coach said he can play some defense in the media guide, doesn't make it so.

5. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Demon's freshman year he was described as a "relentless defender" in the media guide.

I think I'll wait and see on Plavich.

6. SayHey

Clearly you don't see the difference. A difinitive statement was made about Plav, "The coaches feel is the TOP DEFENDER.

Lutz on Nash: .."has a CHANCE"
    Lutz on Tory: "...has the POTENTIAL"

Neither of those is definitive. I have a wait and see as well, I don't believe all that I read, but indications are good that he can defend, that was the point of the original post in this thread.

As far as Athalon goes, it's most useful as bird cage lining or toilet paper if you didn't make it to the Harris Teeter.

7. metro

I could of swore I read from a scouting website that his defense is average. Also I went to the rivals site for Vandy and a couple of their fans said he was just Ok, they were not crying in their beers that he was gone. If I had a guess, I think he is Diego all over, which is cool.

8. SayHey

I'd take that.

9. metro

sayhey, aka MK. :D :

same eye rolling :rolleyes:

same log on times in two places.

same quoting style

10. MKNiner

MKNiner Full Access Member

I would think if anything were clear to you by now it's that I don't need an alias over here to let you know what I think of you.

Keep fishing though.