1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Plavich doesn't play defense?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Chisox17, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

i see a lot of people posting on here that they dont think plavich plays/will play good defense. but i have seen several articles mention his good D. i saw somewhere that he averaged over 2 steals per game. here is a link to an article that mentions his defensive abilities...

plav apparently does play D

2. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

It's way too late in the am to be talking about basketball.

3. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

sure is, i just wanted to post that before i forgot about it. now im off to get soem needed sleep... :sleep:

4. Austinniner

Austinniner somethingorother

sleep? what's that? Oh....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

dell curry stole a ton of passes in the lane. was he a good defender? :rolleyes:

6. SayHey

SayHey Full Access Member

None of Dell's coaches made the statement that his D is what bought him more playing time either.

But then if Plav's coaches don't share your assessment of him, even though they recruited, coached and watched him play in real games when you haven't, well then they're just morons and don't know what they're talking about.:rolleyes:

7. metro

where was it said his D got him more PT? Link?

I have NO ASSESMENT of him. Can't you read between the lines? I have "heard" great things, but until I "see" them, I am a critic. Every freakin player we have had the last 2 years supposedly had offensive and defensive potential. I just wait to see guys play before I consider them a savior. I hope Plav is Steve Logan. We'll see. I believe one thing about Plav is 100% true, and that is he can shoot. I am guessing he is a Diego clone, which is a good thing, but Diego was not the savior some posters are labeling Plav to be already. Someone has to be pessimistic to level out all the gross optimism from several posters. Plav is probably somewhere in the middle, which is probably accurate.

8. SayHey

SayHey Full Access Member

Try clicking on the one in the first post genius.

From the article LINKED IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD.

Perhaps the better course of action would be to remain a sceptic, not a critic, since your criticism is based on the same thing people's optimism is, what they've read. To be a critic you naturally need something to critque. You admitedly have nothing.

So your assessment of our players is based on the optimism of the posters on the boards? Clearly you just have a problem with people who don't think like you. A level of scepticism about what you read should always be maintained, but being outright pessimistic on the basis of your personal grudges against other posters is downright pointless.

9. metro

thanks for your input. I think Nineradvocate said it well recently. He said that some overly optimistic posts were needed to refute the pessimistic voices. I sort of agree in that theory, just the opposite though. So if you are saying that I am wrong for being sceptical because of others, you might want to forward that memo to the gang who is overly positive to mute the negative posters, since it is the same principle. Now since you are a genius, surely you understand that. And I used the wrong word in "critic", I should of said "sceptic" as you noted.

10. metro

btw, that link hardly gives a legitamate assesment of his game. That is an online media guide, and media guides describe every player in the most positive of light. I have never seen a negative attribute of any player, in any sport, listed in a media guide. :rolleyes: So what if the Vandy media guide says he can defend. Our media guide had Nash and Butter listed as our best players last year.

We shall see when the ball is tipped. I hope the kid can live up to all the cheerleader's expectations.

We need to worry about getting Iti in class right now, not if Plav can play defense.