1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pino Pipes update

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by YINZER, Jan 24, 2004.

1. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Club H2O owner turns in license
    By Owen Covington
    A popular High Point dance club targeted by police in recent months may have played its last tune.
    One of the owners of Club H2O on E. Parris Avenue turned in the business’ ABC permit Friday following pressure from state and local authorities last week about apparent violations concerning the liquor license.

The violations concerned the fact Club H2O’s ABC permit was in the name of part-owner Jackie Wilson, but the business was actually owned by as many as five people, High Point Police ABC Detective Tracy Perry said Monday.

“The owners were in violation because they never reapplied for the permit as a partnership,” Perry said.

Perry said she and a state Alcohol Law Enforcement agent met with Wilson on Thursday and advised him the business was operating in violation of permit requirements.

Wilson was informed that the violation could cost the business a $600 fine or a 10-day suspension of the ABC permit, Perry said, and Wilson said he would get back to the agents on Friday.

Perry said she contacted Wilson Friday night, and he turned in the club’s ABC permit and told agents that he was not going to be involved with Club H2O in the future.

“He made it clear that he wanted out of the business,” Perry said.

In return for turning in the ABC permit, the permit violations by the club will be dropped, Perry said.

This most recent development in the club’s future comes after several months of changing clientele and changing problems.

Police began their investigation of the club following an incident on New Year’s Eve when three club patrons were treated at High Point Regional Hospital after apparently overdosing on the “club drug” GHB.

At the time, the club was playing rhythmic electronic music, staying open until 6 a.m. and attracting patrons who were involved in the “rave” scene.

Jeremy Perrin, one of the owners of the club, said earlier this month that the New Year’s Eve incident was an eye-opener to the fact that operating an after-hours club often attracts the use of many “club” drugs.

The club moved the closing time back to 2:30 a.m. and changed the music on the playlist, but violence has since become the primary problem at the business.

Earlier this month, a fight broke out in the parking lot of the club around closing time, and several of the participants in the fight drove a car towards a police officer responding to the scene, police said. Four club patrons were arrested in that incident.

The loss of the ABC permit may not mean the end of the club’s dancing days, but would mean another shift in the clientele the club attracts.

Although Wilson is withdrawing his support of Club H2O, Perry said two of the owners, Jeremy Perrin and Pino Pipes, are looking into the possibility of reopening the location as a teen club that does not serve alcohol.

If Perrin and Pipes decided to operate the club as a bar and apply for a new ABC permit, the call history of police response to the club could work against them and make it more difficult for the permit application to be approved, Perry said.

The police department is continuing its investigation of the club as a possible public nuisance because of the repeated incidents of police involvement at the business, Perry said.

Neither Perrin or Pipes returned calls Monday about their plans for Club H2O.

LINK

2. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

You want to bring attention to my hometown, even if it was several years ago?

3. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Actually, I just want to bring attention to the fact that someone actually named thier child Pino Pipes. By far, the funniest name I have ever heard. I would love to find out what his middle name is, Pinto, Piano, Pincer, Ping, Piggy, or maybe Pinkeye.

4. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Pino Pipes played for our team, if I'm not mistaken.

5. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Clarification: Pino Pipes played more off the court than on the court.

6. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Yeah, he was a troublemaker, from what I've heard.

7. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

Leemire Goldwire is close, cant figure out wich is funnier.

Cant wait to hear: at point guard, from palm beach florida, LEEEEEEEMIRE GOOLLLLLLLDWIRE!!!!

8. s9er

s9er Junior Member

I assume use use the term "played" very loosely. He had a uniform and a scholarship. He also got to run through the layup line before the games. He was no Pedro Morales.

9. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

His full name is Papillion Pino Pipes or "3-P" and he calls Louisville, Ky. home. He's a unique individual, a 6-7, 24-pound con man. I hated being around him. Any player who had any legal problem under Coach Jeff Mullins did so when they were accompanied by Pino Pipes. I won't mention the two player's names, but Pino got away with More sh!t than was known and that's sad because I would have enjoyed visiting hm in jail and saying "I told you so." Sadly, though, he was one step ahead including working as a bouncer at a strip club while attending school as a red-shirt player!!! :fart:

As for Pedro Morales, he couldn't even run the lay-up line in pre-game or halftime. An absolute waste of flesh. :knob:

10. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

I'd be a criminal too if my parents named me "Butterfly".