1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PI: I give Up. Yankees are TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by TheReal49er, Apr 23, 2004.

1. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Yes they do but my God they have a 1000 games left. I think it's a little soon to be counting anyone out, especially the Yanks. Big Stein will go out and buy a couple of players before all is said and done. I don't like it but it will happen.

By the way Yankee fans, why is the best shortstop in baseball playing 3rd?

2. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Because the second best shortstop in the league can't play third, he's playing short for the Yanks.

I know, I know, what about Tejada, what about Nomah (fot the Sox on the board).

3. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

the fans at Yankee Stadium agree with ya Barry. Listening to Jeter get booed yesterday was beautiful. $20 million is way too much for a guy who can't crack 25 homers in this era of hitting.

The horseshoe is finally falling out of Jeter's ass. I really wish he had been drafted by the Royals, Pirates, Tigers, or Brewers.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

If you think that Jeter is the second best SS in the AL, then you are high.

5. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Jeter may not even be the third best SS in the league.
    He is in a nice 0-25 skid and booted another routine grounder yesterday.
    Like M9H posted, looks like the horseshoe is finally dropping.

6. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Take this shit to the baseball forum.

7. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

The horseshoe has finally dropped? I'm not that big of a Baseball guy anymore- I think money and lack of a firm cap have all but ruined it.

But, what the hell are you people watching? Jeter may actually not be the best SS in the AL, but he sure ain't bad. I guess intangibles mean nothing anymore. He's spent his entire career in the postseason and has been the catalyst for the team. Yes they have had talent and pitching and spent more money than anyone else, but it's not like the Bosox sit on their wallets either.

I guess that begs another question. Is Steinbrenner that much smarter than the guys running the Red Sox orginization? They spend like drunken sailors and have never won shit. Also, A-Rod isn't going gangbusters right now, but I think everyone knows he's going to hit. How fucking stupid were/are the Red Sox to let him get away and not just pony up the money. I think the sticking point was about 35 Mill, which is a lot to me and sounds absurd, but when you're talkin about taking on a 200 mill contract what's the big deal, just cut a middle reliever and bring up somebody from AAA. It's monopoly money at level, so don't give me shit that, Oh, that's just too much.

8. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

9. MikeNinerHunt

Hey Hillbilly, go worry about cowtipping contests and other great stories on News 14 you dumb shitkicker.

10. MikeNinerHunt

Looks like Petitte and Clemens were more catalysts than pretty boy. Fuck intangibles.