1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PI: I give Up. Yankees are TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by TheReal49er, Apr 23, 2004.

1. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

I knew I would regret seeing A-Rod play third base. And, I didn't even like hm getting Pinstripes. I sort of enjoyed watching him and his ruin baseball salary rot in the Texas heat.

I had no idea how bad a $180 million team could play. They are lifeless. They never hit and run. They don't move base runners over. And, God forbid Contreras learns how to pitch. Plus, Moose is head case.

That said, I thought Boston was better suited to win the AL East and they are a better overall club, especially with Lowe as a #3. So, it will be a dogfight and I would just like to see this "future" juggernaut called the Yankees play some small ball until they decide to hit (aside from Posada!).

Damn, they are hard to watch. And, if I see Bill Mueller dig in one more time without getting buzzed, I'm going to turn off the damn tube. He can't hit anyone this year aside from the Yankees.

2. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

It's April.

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

They count as much in April as they do in September.

Here's the deal Real, it took about 100 years but the Sox finally figured out that pitching wins championships so they went out and got the best bullpen in baseball and perhaps the best starting rotation. The Red Sox lead the league in every offensive category last year and look what that got them.

Meanwhile, Big George let three of his best pitchers walk away and decided it was a good idea to spend all his money on bats. Shefield is a joke in right field and I would rather have Andy Pettite on the mound every fifth game than A-Rod in the lineup every day. Even if Gay-Rod gets it turned around and hits .350 with 50 home runs it won't matter because that pitching staff is a nightmare.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

They had eh best fucking bullpen in the playoffs last year too. Fat lot of fucking good that is if you don't use it.

I agree with you though - if the Yanks don't get their pitching staff sorted out, they won't go far - they might not even make the playoffs.

Cue maniacal laughter...

5. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

What was the bullshit last night with Enrique Wilson getting that error on the ball that Sheffield missed? Errors only get charged to players that make over $4million?

Looks like the Yanks of the early nineties are back, hopefully...

6. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

I was at the game last night and it was SICKENING.

The RedSox are obviously a superior team at this time, but I want to give the Yankees' bats some time as there are a lot of new faces in the lineup. The pitching staff however is terrible. I have never seen a pitcher worse with runners on than Contreras.

And as bad as A-Rod has played, you can tell he plays harder than almost anyone else in baseball, even through his struggles.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No shit. That was pathetic. Even Baseball Tonight was talking about how stoopid it was.

8. 49erpi

The bullpen was good in the playoffs but terrible in the regular season because they had no true closer. With the addition of Foulke, they are the best bullpen in baseball and maybe the best overall pitching staff as well.

9. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Cubs have the best staff in Baseball. Hawkins out of the pen will be a monster in Sept. The Red Sox will do their traditional swoon, it's just a question of when. Pedro will be his tired-armed self and miss a few starts late in the year when they really need him. They do have Schilling, he's a stud. Watched The Curse of the Bambino again on HBO the other day, fucking hillarious.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

10. 49erpi