1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Phuck Notre Dame! ! ! !

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Southern_Crunk, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Southern_Crunk

Southern_Crunk Y'all ain't ready!!

Somewhere Near Baghdad...still being Treal.
    They didn't even give the guy a chance. Goes to show how they do African American coaches. I don't want to make this a Black/White issue....but there is something seriously wrong with the NCAA when it comes to college football coaching. Some of the successfull football teams out there have qualified black coaches on the side line, but the universities and the alumni's don't want to give them a chance.

I say the all get togther, Willingham, the one from San Jose, Turner Gill...etc...etc....and coach at a black D 1-AA school together.....build that program up. They will eventually get TV exposure.....and eventually out recruit any school. Tyrone will make sure they graduate. If he can do it at Stanford and Notre Dame, he can do it anywhere.

I just don't think it's fair..........and the dumb brutha who took that Miss St. job is next on the chopping blocks in about a year or two.

2. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

I think Willingham got the shaft. He will be better off somewhere else anyway.

3. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

Maybe he'll take Bunting's job.

4. Southern_Crunk

The only way someone will coach at ND now is for the money. They're not the ND of the past...the talent level is about even all across the states...and they're not going to out recruit anyone else to easy. I think the guy at Mississippi better take note. I can't believe this. I had respect for ND...even when Lou was there. Ty can't take Buntings job, because they just signed up for an extension. I think Ty.....Turner Gill......the one from San Jose St....and a couple of others need to go build up there own program. FAMU is trying to go D1.

5. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

unless nd lessens its admissions requirements any football coach is going to have a hard time winning there now. and like the guy on espn said - if they lessen them now to start winning - why not give willingham the chance to do it. considering the talent they have because of admissions requirements and not allowing jr college transfers - i think he's done pretty damn well.

6. Southern_Crunk

I feel like it is a waisted argument...especially now. It's not going to change for the better. Why even try anymore.........They just need to take their quality coaching skills to these black colleges where the coaching staffs suck in a major way, and build a program from scratch like Bobby Bowden did FSU. No...the money won't be there at first...neither the facilities....but winning will bring in the money, which will bring in the facilities...........and eventually they would be able to our recruit some of these major D1 Schools. Like Marshall did. FAMU is trying to go D1. Turner Gill from Nebraska...the guy who was fired from San Jose State....Willingham..the other coach who was coaching Mich. State.....Strong who is the Def Coordinator for I think it's Miami or South Carolina......they all need to get together and build a program from scratch. Or......they all need to try to get on board with Sylvester out at Miss. State. and help him build a powerhouse.

7. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

well, i hate to think its a black-white thing. for goodness sake its football. if it is, it is truly a shame and a blemish (large and disgusting) on the spirit of our country. i don't follow college football enough to know if its any better or worse than the nfl in those regards.

8. Piper

Piper phishin member

Its about winning now, crunk. Its hit ND too. I thought Willingham got the shaft, but no more than Zook, Cutcliff, etc.

Sylvester will probably be gone in a couple of years too. Not because he's black, but because he's in an impossible situation. MSU boosters believe their school should contend for the SEC championship, even though they've always been the SEC doormat and the previous coaches shananigans have put them on probation.

9. Southern_Crunk

You're right.....It's about winning "NOW", not later. We will never see long term coaches like Bobby and Lou and Joe anymore. Shows how much money has changed college football...but they come down hard on the players for the same ideal...."Money".

I still say, they shouldn't even try anymore. There are soooooo many quality black coaches in the college and pro, waiting for their chance, and I think they're waisting their time. They need to go to one of the smaller black college schools, where the coaching really sucks....they got athletes...but the coaching sucks.......and build a program from scratch, then have them go D1, like Marshall did. Like I said...the money won't be all that much...at first. But winning brings in the money, and the facilities...and it would get better, and their pay would increase too. But at least they would be able to win on the D 1AA Level, and keep their jobs longer than a year or two. I say build their own program, since the people in the NCAA D1 level won't give em a chance. Why even try to fit in anymore, when they're not wanted. There are only Two.

10. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

surely you dont think a college athlete is held to the same academic standards as a "normal" student? They're not...at ANY DIV 1A school.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004