1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CFBall, Jan 24, 2004.

1. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

There's always a possibility, but more likely somebody will take him lower and bring him alone with time. Who knows maybe there's a big time coach lusting for him as I write.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Well, yeah. Duh.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I agree. But it's mostly has to do with what teams need. Any other year he might be a first rounder if a lot of teams go QB in the first round.

I don't know why whatsisface from Miami Ohio and Losman are 1st tier QB's because I don't get into the scouting as much. But let it not be said it's because they played against much better competition. It may be better, but not much better. Manning has played against the best, hands down.

Now, as a senior Wolfpacker on this board, y'all get off Mags' back because of his opinion. It's an opinion. This is a message board. It ain't real life. And he has proven over the years that he's not for one college team over another.

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Now, as a senior Wolfpacker on this board, y'all get off Mags' back because of his opinion. It's an opinion. This is a message board. It ain't real life. And he has proven over the years that he's not for one college team over another.[/QUOTE]

math, if you have read all posts, you might find it was again Mag saying he was feed up with all the comparsions and props for rivers(his initial post). We are well aware of the fact this is a MB and i for one, respect and enjoy most of his post; just as many others who discuss intelligently and with great research. he was the only one that was trying to mount someone.............he brings that to the table as well! i never once knocked him or anyone else for that matter over their opinion on this subject or others. Mag, piper, ludamore, reznor, rake and a few others all have contributed greatly with their work, time and unbiased opinions, that provides alot of us FANS additional knowledge about football(all angles). But as you and mag say its a MB and MB it should be............but yet

"mag has proven over the years he is not for one team or the other"

and thats suppose to mean what, on a MB since it ain't real life????

math, did you come back from the sunny beaches of no worries to rescue this thread? Hell........this post will surely kill it now.

sincerely,
    from a JRWOLFPACK member of TBR MB

draft rivers and/or cotchery

5. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i think he's just saying that magnus has no bias toward rivers (ie: a carolina fan).

i haven't read this whole thread, but cf -- if you're saying that the panthers should draft rivers...uh...that ain't happenin unless he's there on day 2. and i don't see that as very likely. i think rivers is the 3rd or 4th QB taken.

i don't think he really needs a lot of work to be successful as a pro. i see a lot of good in him. he's definately grown up in football and has a ton of starts under his belt. i mean, to go through that many games and still have a 70% accuracy? amazing.

and he shined at the senior bowl. he threw short, deep, on the move, hit guys in stride, threw TDs. he made plays, just like he always has.

he can be a starter in the nfl.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

do read as i never said for the panthers to take him........i aint naive or stupid enough to see it with the needs we have or anyone in the first round. just as i said in my post.....only that. my mini "draft rivers or cotchery" signature is just that.

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

ah. maybe you should put in there: "hey, nfl teams, draft rivers or cocherty."

cocherty didn't impress me in the senior bowl as much as i wanted him to.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

me neither but as you said phillip was phillip and gotta love that fire he brings.

indeed i should.......

greg jones looked awful tough and his stock rose as well!! Draft G Jones Panthers

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I just don't understand why you think mags or anyone has to like Rivers or agree with comparisons to NFL quarterbacks. It's a fucking opinion. That's why people argue with mags more than anything because they don't like his opinion. I've never understood that.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I think it's either a reputation or my delivery. Usually Piper can say what I'm saying and people don't get mad :D

Nonetheless, I don't have anything against Philip. I hope he can go somewhere where his arm can get straightened out a bit, and I hope a more compact throwing motion will give him just a bit more arm. Then I'd put him, talent wise, with guys who've been drafted higher.

I just can't, right now, see him up there with guys who've gone in the first, even Grossman. Certainly not Boller, nor Ramsey, nor Losman who most have mid-late first. But I wish him luck.