1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CFBall, Jan 24, 2004.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

you do alot more reading into someone post, dont you?

i must have missed a post.....who tried to insult you?

2. rake

rake Need one of these

Far be it from me to interrupt a mission to INSULT His Magnusness . . . please continue on State fans. Sally forth! :D

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Tried, not succeeded.
    And don't even start that "if you don't agree with his opinion" slaphappiness. I've been the one stating an opinion and catching shit for it. I'm sorry if myself and any ""experts"" who get paid money to be analysts, not State fans, don't agree. I'm sorry if that means, to you or anyone, that I"ve got something against Rivers.

The issue I do have here is that, during the week of this team's biggest game, all of a sudden a percentage of fans want to suddenly start talking draft because a QB from their college fanship posted good stats in a bowl game on a forum dominated by fans of a pro team that already has two decent young quarterbacks.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Beuller?....Draft Rivers?....Beuller?....Marino?...Beuller?......Rivers?.....

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

like most football fans when the Senior Bowl comes around, its time to enjoy the prospects that may help their favorite Pro team, evaluate, draw our own opinions about the potential of those participating in this game. Hell.....you watched i am sure but its your opinion that we shouldnt be discussing future pros or our ideal draft pick. So lets all stay FOCUS on winning the SB.

You choose to join the conversation during.......yes, the best Football season i have every experienced TOO, but most fans can enjoy each.

but Cotchery would be a nice pick for us, wouldnt he?

Draft Rivers or Cotchery

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I've talked draft all year. Certainly, I'm willing to talk about it now, just as three weeks ago, just as August, September; just as May, when the draft was 11 months away.
    The point isn't the timing, so much - I'm not willing to put a ton into it, but mostly because I'm focusing my efforts on writing about gameplanning. That's not so much the point. It's that suddenly draft is vogue because a State star is out there. It's that 51 weeks of draft prep and talk isn't worth anything because of fanship.

Rivers is just another second tier QB. Cotchery, another second tier posession receiver. Both have some excellent points. Neither are elite, IMO, nor in the opinions of most draft analysts. Doesn't mean they're not good players. They're not Manning, Roethlisberger, and Losman, nor Roy Williams, Rashaun Woods. And that's quite great. Each of them can, and probably should, end up as starters.

I tend to like what Locklear brings to the table. I lobbied - HARD - for Terrance Holt rather than Colin Branch. It's not a matter of liking or disliking State. And I, once again, admire the fanship that comes with this. I'm also just not going to apologize for myself having scouted him without the fanship, nor should any compensated non-fan analysts have to apologize.

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

second-tier and obiviously moving up the charts.

:applause: and good luck to phillip, jerricho and sean in the upcoming draft!

8. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I think Mel Kiper should apologize just for his existence.

9. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

Wow, a 72% completion rate really means a whole fucking hell of a lot when you throw 75% of your passes between 2 and 5 yards.

10. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I'm a lifelong State fan but I don't think there is any chance he goes first round.